2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Poorly Built Car

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Poorly Built Car
By Jarod Hart on

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought the car I loved it. Drove/handled well, smooth ride, etc. Even liked the power (although I now feel like it is a little on the weak side). That has quickly gone downhill since. This past year alone I have invested $2500-$3000 in repairs. Since purchase with 29,000 miles I have had to rebuild the trans (at 54K), replace a high pressure line for the a/c, replace struts and bearing plates, replace temp. sending unit, resolder rear defrost, rebuild brakes all around (including calipers), replace tie rod ends, thermostat, theres a short in the headlights causing my daytime lihts not to function properly and my highbeam indicator to continuously flicker.

Favorite Features

I like the usual, pw, pl, keyless entry. Moonroof is nice in the summer. Digital thermostat and compass is nice to have. Homelink system is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. It is a joke that I have had to put as much money for repairs in the car as I have had, at the mileage it is at. My suggestion - do not buy.