2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Love her but hate her at times

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Love her but hate her at times
By Bad Girl on

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Monte new, and overall this has been a good car. It still looks great and can intimidate on the road, even though V6. Love the Monte Carlo distinct style, that is what sold my on it originally. Fun to drive but it has had more that it's share of repair issues that were aggravating. Heated seats went 2 times, costly to repair, converter replaced 2 times, computer electrical issues, costly. The transmission had had to be replaced. Also issue with front wheel bearings and the traction system and ABS some type of wire connection issue with that, poor design. Steering column issue too. If it did not have so many mechanical issues I would have been a repeat buyer.

Favorite Features

Sytle, performance, even though V6. Interior is comfy and adequate for my needs. I like the distinct Monte Carlo style on this model.

Suggested Improvements

Great car as far as looks but I was dissapointed in how many times it needed repair work that was always costly. More reliability under the hood and in the overall mechanic of the car would help.