2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: It's just okay.

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

It's just okay.
By KevinJ on

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased the vehicle, I was relatively impressed. As much as i would love to say that I am still impressed to this day, I simply cannot. I have had to drop the car off to my local Chevy dealer multiple times for reasons like the car stalling randomly, running on 4cyl, broken rear defroster, a shot transmission, speakers not working, seat heater not working, sunroof broken, condensation in the tail lights, etc. To put it quite frankly, it has been a lemon. I do thoroughly enjoy driving it when it works (a rarity), but it needs more power for such a large displacing V6. I also enjoy the strength of the seat heaters(when they work.) I only have one more gripe. THE UGLIEST WHEELS EVER.

Moderate power, interesting looks. Decent handling.

More power, better electrical engineering, nicer rims right out of the factory. Better sound system, less plastic, louder exhaust. Power Power Power... It should live up to it's "SS" heritage. The only SS in this car is the owner, a "Super Spender."