Can't believe there's not more recalls on this vehicle
By eyzofblue72 on
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 2001 car brand new in Nov 2000. Within the 1st year the driver seat heater went out - so had that replaced. Since then, I have had to have my catalytic converter replaced which now as I have been doing research found out it would have been covered under a Special Policy Adjustment - Catalytic Converter #05551 -(09/14/2005) Models: 2001-02 CHEVROLET IMPALA, MONTE CARLO EQUIPPED WITH 3.4L (RPO LA1 - VIN E) OR 3.8L (RPO L36 - VIN K) V6 ENGINE. Which surprisingly GM didn't bother to send. Now 4 years later, my catalytic converter needs to be replaced again. My security light has been on since 50k miles and I've had to replace my 4th gear shaft and the list goes on.
Favorite Features
The only good thing I can say, is it does handle nicely and is reactive. Other than that, I'm done with GM.
Suggested Improvements
GM sends out recalls for stupid things like needing to replace a plastic heat shield by the spark plug housing but yet major engine/operational failures which seem to be pretty consistent as I've done more research never happen.