2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Been good to me

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Review

Been good to me
By monte33 on

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car and bought it when I was 7 mo pregnant. The rear seats have plenty of space and are comfy. I have tinted windows and have replaced the stock radio which greatly improved sound quality w/o getting new speakers/amp. Ibought my SS in 09/01 and about to hit 60,000 mi. and have this popping sound that's felt in the steering wheel when turning. It is bothersome and annoying. Have yet to look into the source. Rear window was replaced due to defrost not working and there's leaking in trunk ever since. Dew is in trunk and rear taillights and items in trunk are damp but there's no leak though they insist. Auto windows are slowing down now. But I still love my SS.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and amplifier for sure. Roominess for a coupe for back seats and trunk. Heated seats, automatic lock. Spoiler. The design.Get lots of compliments especially after the tints and one summer with customized rims really turned heads.

Suggested Improvements

The tire pressure light is an ongoing issue. Had turn signal issue like some others have mentioned. Seems like there are issues with rear defrost. A solution to the popping noises that are felt/heard when turning that seem to be getting more frequent now. Have some chipping with paint to front end.