2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
kelzar
By kelzar on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent vehicle. The reason for the lower score in the comfort area? -- the seat belt is not a comfortable fit. I use a "seat belt adjuster" (2 dollars and change) to tolerate. Other than that: Perfect performance, very good mileage and a fun car to drive. It is a buyer's market for cars these days with the rebates and low financing... If I did decide to trade, it would be for another Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.

Monte SS
By mattyv on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great cruising vehicle with plenty of pep in the bottom end when its new. Over time the mid end of the end isn't as responsive. Overall I am still very pleased with the vehicle based on its looks and comfort. All this vehicle needs is a supercharger or even a V8 with rear wheel drive.

fun and safe
By chris kuellenberg on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had purchased my monte carlo ss about 3 months ago. I am a car salesman and know everything about the vehicle, so i knew it was a great car, but i got hit by a truck on the drivers side door last week and i am really sore but really impressed by the car. i was hit at 50mph and have no injuries other then soreness. I will buy another one i love that car.

Short Circuit
By Icarus on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the way the car drove, but all other experiences with my Monte Carlo were terrible. I'm 6' 2" and the car did not fit me; my fault, I test drove the vehicle. Yet, I have had electrical problems of every sort. After six months, my airbag indicator light would come on as I was driving down the road. No problems for another six months and then turn signals began to short out. I thought it was a fuse but they went on and off. I am now experiencing the same problem with the driver's side window. The Chevy dealers I went to were rude and unwilling to help. I think my experiences with Chevy are over.

it is actually a fun and SAFE car
By schatzie on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my Monte for about 1 1/2 years before getting into an accident this week. I loved my car, the handling, the acceleration, the quick response, the awesome sound system. But what has really sold me was it's performance in my auto accident. The crumple zones are a feature I can personally appreciate, since the car was totalled, and I walked away with only a couple of little bruises. Not only is this car fun, but it is safe!! This car and the Good Lord above saved my life. I am sold on this car and I am now shopping for my next Monte Carlo -- I am convinced!

evaluation
By booth on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

since I owned my first Impala S.S. I've always wanted another one. It's great to have an American car that drives as good as it looks. great car

what a joke.....
By Nismo 400R on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is the most pathetic car i have ever driven in my life. problems.... Well where should i start. ABS system dos not work. brakes are soft. Engine gauges continuosly on. traction control sys. does not work. window on pass side does not work. car leaks on pass side (not from window.) From firewall or some where in there. carpet is soaked and probably is rusted out in floor board. if you buy a monte carlo i give you great sympathy. i hate this car and will never buy one again. maybe it is defective but i hate this car. if you are over 6ft tall like me you are screwed. this car has the quality of a honda civic

This call will get you looks
By atomic_rod on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm really happy with my "Monte"! I've had many co-workers ask me to take them to lunch just so they could ride in it. They've all commented on how roomy the back seat was for it being a 2- door. It has good pickup, rides and handles nicely for a bigger car. I just wish they had put a Vortec engine or a supercharger in the SS model. Over all I'm very happy with it.

Great Car
By John Z on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my Monte Carlo. It has been a fun car, decent performance, receives compliments all the time. I have one complaint, and have had two mechanical issues. The original Eagle GA tires didn't last long. I have put some Yokohama AVD4 tires on it that look better and perform better. I had a sensor on the radiator that detects fluid levels go bad, and after that service, I can't get the radio to go into progamming mode so that I can reset the engine oil life sensor. Other than that, it has been a great car. This car really kicks you back into the seat when you floor it.

Great car.
By Obdulio Santory on 03/06/02 22:31 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I find it to have good handling and very comfortable to drive. It has a good pickup when I need it. The brakes are great for quick stops.