2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Very nice car
By toegar on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car has been a pleasure to drive. It has the pick up when you need it. It takes corners tight and with ease. The car gets a lot of compliments from stangers. I'm 47 and never had this much fun with a car. The car has had no no major problems. I store it in the garage over the winter.

A Gift From God
By Hann on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a new car is usually a hit or miss afair. My first new car was a Dodge Stratus, give me a break. Nothing but trouble and oil leaks. So I went looking for something differnt. When I saw the white Monte in the showroom, I was hooked. After the test drive I bought the car without remorse. A very sporty and higher performance car with family sedan gas mileage. To anyone thinking about an SS, just take one for a spin.....WOW!

Full Monte
By third on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Bought it new (and loaded) almost 2 years ago and have had nothing but fun driving it. It is comfortable, reliable, stylish, has a great ride, low interior noise, great stock sound system, power when needed, good fuel economy......what can I say...I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Way to go Chevy!!

Made on a Monday??
By Not so pleased on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The engine light came on one day after I had it. It took 4 tries for the dealership to finally fix it. Since then, the engine light has come on numerous times. I've had 3 parts replaced in less than 2 years. Thank goodness for OnStar. I'm looking for another type of car after only 2 years of having the car to avoid buying the extended warranty. The car looks great, but if I'm worried about it getting me where I need to go that's pretty pointless.

My SuperSport
By SummerSS on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Monte Carlo is a good deal for the money. I like the spacious interior. I am going to college next year and the large amount of space is a big plus! I own a SS with the high sport appearance package and it is wonderful! Not only does it look great, but it drives great too! My only problem has been the motor in my passenger side window going out.

good car
By ken swope on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

would buy another one

This is nearly a perfect car!!!!
By DBrent on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been outstanding! I've owned way more cars than any one person should, and it is without doubt one of the best built cars I've ever owned, second only to my K-Series Pickup. The only problem I've encountered came at 60,000 miles, a $7 temp sensor went bad. Chevy needs to take a look at the drive train in the recently retired Camaro. This car with that drive train under it would without a doubt be the perfect family car, as it is a little on the heavy side for a V6. The interior is solid, roomy and comfy. When the options are maxed out (leather, sunroof, OnStar, etc.) this truly is a very luxurious car.

Fun Car
By Michauds on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Monte Carlo. This car looks great and is a joy to drive. I got my SS model with the sport package which added to the great appearance. Only draw back has been with the fuel injection system which I've had to have serviced 3 times already.

Love my SS
By ziggy on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I hadn't seen many on the road before I got my SS until a buddy of mine drove up in one. I fell in love instantly. I still get looks today. Very distinctive styling makes it unlike anything on the road. The hints of older Monte styling are perfect. Interior is very comfortable for every day driving as well as long trips. Controls are nicely placed and very functional, especially the steering wheel mounted stereo and cruise controls. Had good pick up and a very tight suspension for those fast turns. Do wish a V8, manual transmission would be offered with rear wheel drive. Overall, a well built coupe that's very fun to drive.

Love my SS
By Ziggy on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)