2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Best Monte Carlo in Years
By Dave on 02/09/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 MC SS used w/ a little over 60k miles on it. The only disappointments I have found would be the absence of the V8 and manual shifter. Car styling is excellent, much better than the mid-90's models. This car has impressive pwr coming from the V6 when needed. Steering is a bit stiff in tight corners, but really drives great at speeds exceeding 80mph. The only thing that I have noticed that is out of sort is a slight popping coming from the front wheels when pulling off of an incline. I have had this checked out and it seems to be just a qwirk with the traction control feature. Nothing worth breaking a sweat over.

Love this car
By John Walters on 01/02/06 21:28 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I thoroughly enjoy my MC SS. It's maroon red and drives like a dream. The gas mileage is right around 30 mpg. It's comfortable and stylish.

Poorly Built Car
By Jarod Hart on 01/02/06 13:15 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought the car I loved it. Drove/handled well, smooth ride, etc. Even liked the power (although I now feel like it is a little on the weak side). That has quickly gone downhill since. This past year alone I have invested $2500-$3000 in repairs. Since purchase with 29,000 miles I have had to rebuild the trans (at 54K), replace a high pressure line for the a/c, replace struts and bearing plates, replace temp. sending unit, resolder rear defrost, rebuild brakes all around (including calipers), replace tie rod ends, thermostat, theres a short in the headlights causing my daytime lihts not to function properly and my highbeam indicator to continuously flicker.

Very Pleased
By Gwen on 11/14/05 13:16 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 11-00, brand new. I have been so pleased with it that I am now trading it for a new 2006 model. I need the new warranty features, if something were to go wrong. I have never had any serious trouble with it at all.

Chevy Rides Again
By John on 10/27/05 23:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is first GM product I have purchased since early 70's and it's deffinetly a winner for both performance and reliability. Car is also excellent in fuel economy

Bill's Full Monte SS
By Bill on 09/20/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car for trips and cruising. Front heated seats are excellent for long runs. Never feel fatigued or cramped after all day drives. Receive plenty of good comments on the car's looks and Torch Red paint with the graphite interior. You either like the styling or not, no in betweens. The ladies love this car.

Monte Carlo SS - 2001
By Leopold on 08/12/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been underrated on fuel economy and performance. We have averaged 29 MPG (not just highway) since owning it. It is a beautiful car and had good pick up considering it is a V6. The original tires we had were noisy, and since changing them at 60,000 miles to a style with that in mind, this one drawback has been greatly improved.

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
By mccuts on 06/29/05 20:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a pretty nice car. My wife drives very short distances with it. So the city mileage is low - 14 to 17 mpg. On the highway at 65 mph - 29 to 31 mpg. My gripe with this car is repairs! After having the car 6 months the driver's side air bag (the one mounted on the drivers seat) failed. Then when it got inspected a tie-rod end was bad. And the leather cover on the drivers seat keeps pulling away from the side air-bag mount. The stereo system is very poor. It is an SS so you would expect something really good - and it is NOT.

Love it, but major problems
By Pat on 05/17/05 09:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks of the car inside and outside. Still gets looks and compliments. However, I have had major repair problems. They began at 68,000 miles when the transmission had to be replaced at a price of $2,800, the entire ingnition system at a price of $700.00, heating thermostat which cost only $30.00, but had labor of $300.00, and lastly a wheel bearing at $200.00. Items that do not work properly are the turn signals, that only work when they want to, the steering wheel that has a vibration and now recently the window switch is going out on the drivers side. Drivers's side seat heater quit working at about 50,000 miles.

No defects
By carolcarlo on 11/09/04 12:17 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car that I have ever owned that did not have to go back to the dealership for something to be fixed. I have not had any problems with my Monte in over 3 years. I love my dependable car. It's definitely the "Full Monty"!