2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Only one problem so far
By murf on 12/01/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for two years.2nd owner. Had to replace rotors and right front hub assembly, may have to do left also. Have to buy whole assembly to replace which is more expensive. Had to replace catalytic converter, but was still under 80000 miles warranty. Love car, flashy, would have probably bought the SS for more power but is still one nice vehicle. I have not had some of the problems others have reported( knock on wood), but we do drive it conservatively. I would recommend this vehicle to others.

I love this car!
By 1 HOT MONTE CARLO SS on 10/30/07 21:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got an '01 Monte Carlo and have the best time driving it! Love the room and power. Much has improved since the 90's that I had. I would keep buying this car as long as it keeps on giving me good service. And for those other guys who say that their Monte Carlo is junk then they must be doing something wrong! Because funny thing i have naver had any trouble with my cars like that.

A Sweet Ride, My Monte
By sleestak on 10/30/07 17:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets looks everywhere I go. Very big trunk. Nice stereo. Power everything. Lots of car for the money.

Still enjoy drving it
By Russ on 06/06/07 15:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good daily driver that still turns heads almost like when it was new. I only drive about 11k mi. per year, but take some 7+ hour road trips. It's a big comfy car that looks sporty and gets great gas mileage. Seems very stable at high speeds. I got an extended warranty still in effect which has paid off. Stuff that failed: hazard flashers in 1st year; 3 year - main computer died as did the battery; 5-year - catalytic converter failed and burned up the intake manifold and seals, alternator went out, in the shop several times for the intermediate steering shaft (fixed now?), and a front wheel bearing went out. Some other weird computer quirks with interior lights and auto locks.

Cheap interior, poor design
By B Kohlhase on 05/28/07 04:30 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my SS new. Transmission going now at 85k. Headliner fell behind sunroof, dealer never could fix from day one. Electrical under seat poor design. Moving seat has pulled wires. Pulled seat heater, seatbelt light flashing. Electrical is poor. Signals quit working and can hear buzzer at times. Good driving machine though and still get compliments on the car at almost 7 years old.

Chevy Excellence
By WOLFMAN on 02/25/07 21:11 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Gotta love it! Great looks, great ride. Black w/dark tint looks like an intimidator on the road. Get looks from everyone who likes cars and from many who normally wouldn't notice. Have been a mechanic for 20 yrs. and from a repair standpoint this car is exceptionaly built, keeping it simple and yet having all the amenities of a far more costly car. When it does have to be worked on it is roomy and straightforward for the repair tech, which will make him/her smile while performing the repairs needed. Will be purchasing another SS to hotrod and park beside our '81 Monte Carlo. Nothing else has enough class to wear a bowtie other than a Chevy!

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By LOVE MY MONTE on 01/23/07 14:25 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile in Oct '05 and I am loving it. It was a one owner vehicle and had 150,000 miles on it. It has 165,000 now and looks and runs like new. No rattles, doesn't burn any oil, drives like a new one. I would recomend this car to anyone. I contacted the original owner and he said he had no problems in the time he owned it other than a traction control malfunction that was fixed by the dealership under waranty. I drive it everyday and would reccomend this car to everyone.

Been good to me
By monte33 on 01/06/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car and bought it when I was 7 mo pregnant. The rear seats have plenty of space and are comfy. I have tinted windows and have replaced the stock radio which greatly improved sound quality w/o getting new speakers/amp. Ibought my SS in 09/01 and about to hit 60,000 mi. and have this popping sound that's felt in the steering wheel when turning. It is bothersome and annoying. Have yet to look into the source. Rear window was replaced due to defrost not working and there's leaking in trunk ever since. Dew is in trunk and rear taillights and items in trunk are damp but there's no leak though they insist. Auto windows are slowing down now. But I still love my SS.

2001 Monte
By SD Beckwith on 11/21/06 11:01 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car for 6 years and would buy another. The gas milelage was 22 in town and 28 mpg on the road. I had to replace the radiator fan unit this past year. My air conditioner will need to be replaced next year.

Problematic Car
By Dissapointed on 07/14/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Battery was bad at 10,000 miles. Head gasket blown at 45,000 miles (constant low coolant light on = expensive repair). Fuel injectors bad at 25,000 miles (cleaned). Engine mounts replaced at 60,000 miles (very expensive). AC controls bad at 40,000 miles. Electronic module computer bad at 60,000 miles (replaced = very expensive) Mechanic at the dealer's said he has seen these problems repeated over and over with this model. Who pays for it? Who did you think? GM? Naahh... I had mechanical breakdown insurance, but had to pay $250.00 for each incident. What I saved with 0% finance, I have spent in repairs that one would never believe to occur in such a new car. No more GM! Enough!