Used 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

It's ok
By ForeignbutAmerican

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was much better than my 96 Chevy Blazer but the fuel economy is probably the same compared to it. It is a sports car but as soon as I start the car, it's the the fuel gauge goes down! It drives pretty well and I like the extra umph it gives. But I had so many problems with it its not even funny. Surprisingly, it wasn't with the engine. I had window issues, a.c issues, radio issues, tire issues, axle issues, compressor issues, etc. This is a fun car to drive for the time being but over all, I love my baby and is grateful for it. This is a 2001 vehicle and it is now 2009 and I still get compliments! That says a lot!

Interior, v6, exterior (somewhat)

Better body shape, better fuel economy, better interior material quality, safer, and that's all I can think of right now

Never ever ever again
By gene

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the biggest piece of junk! Soon as I got it I noted that water was leaking in from the firewall thanks to the cabin air filter being under the window wipers stupid location, hard to fix, impossible to replace a blown speaker in the back, blows fuses for back up lights regularly, horrible suspension and creaks over every bump and feels floaty, had to replace the driver side wheel hub assembly at 62,000 miles cant be left for over two days with out it being dead dude to electronic draw, exhaust rattles thanks to design, traction to sensitive, and kicks in at weird times. A horrible gm design and poorly engineered! No gm crap for me any more, reconsider if you want one

comfortable seats

scrap it start over and look at better quality put things where they belong.

Great GAs Mileage, poor quality
By Tony Z

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car would be great if it was not for the poor quality on certain things. AC is out at 85,000 miles, both front hub assemblies replaced by 80,000 miles, moon roof shorts out, replaced radio amp, initially had a coolant problem which years later turned out to problematic, and a catalytic converter problem. There were a few more but I have forgotten. So it has been pretty expensive once the warranty was out. I take car of my cars and do not drive them hard. This would be an awesome car if it was more reliable. It looks sharp great gas for the size. I do get 28mpg. I would pay an extra grand at the beginning for better quality.

MPG...looks sharp.

Improve quality and reliability. I want to buy GM so bad...but they make it so hard. Can't I get a quality vehicle from GM for 27 or 28 grand??

2001 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 Sport Appearanc
By John

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. Love the looks(sport appearance package)and performance. Plenty of power. Minor problems only. I regularly maintain and keep it clean. 31 MPG during first year road trip but has diminished since to 28. Stills shines and no rust.

Looks and performance. Comfortable ride.

Problem with coolant clogging sensors and light staying on. Flushed and refilled with old type coolant and is fine. Improve steering handling.

Don't buy it
By SERGE

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the car on a rental. Was very pleased with power,comfort and fuel efficiency. When a similar used SS came up at the local dealer,I couldn't help buying it.Loved the car Around 70000 KM, it started showing problems, acceleration seemed to miss, transmission shifting hard. These problems increased and now at 120000 KM, I had to spend 2000$ to get it to work so-so. Mass flow sensor was bad, I replaced both front wheel bearings, steering fluid is leaking, yellow light in dash always reporting some problem, windows wont go down on hot days,radio does stupid things, transmission shifts hard (850$ ), still hesitates at high accel. To many probs to list.

Style, power, comfort, stuning sound system.

Steering a little too sensitive Make it damn reliable for more than 100000KM! The alarm goes off all the time because of the poorly designed remote which gets activated by anything in your pocket!