2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Problematic Car
By Dissapointed on 07/14/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Battery was bad at 10,000 miles. Head gasket blown at 45,000 miles (constant low coolant light on = expensive repair). Fuel injectors bad at 25,000 miles (cleaned). Engine mounts replaced at 60,000 miles (very expensive). AC controls bad at 40,000 miles. Electronic module computer bad at 60,000 miles (replaced = very expensive) Mechanic at the dealer's said he has seen these problems repeated over and over with this model. Who pays for it? Who did you think? GM? Naahh... I had mechanical breakdown insurance, but had to pay $250.00 for each incident. What I saved with 0% finance, I have spent in repairs that one would never believe to occur in such a new car. No more GM! Enough!

For Mechanics Only
By Slim on 05/08/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car requires constant maintenance. If you're not a mechanic, I'd get something else. The head gasket went at 85000 miles and cost just under a grand to fix. Tie rods, hazard switch, locks, etc, etc, etc. It can't go but three weeks before something else falls apart.

Very Pleased
By Gwen on 11/14/05 13:16 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 11-00, brand new. I have been so pleased with it that I am now trading it for a new 2006 model. I need the new warranty features, if something were to go wrong. I have never had any serious trouble with it at all.

Very Pleased!
By Char li on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far I have been very pleased with my 2001 Monte Carlo I bought a year ago. Its a nice ride,good on gas on the highway.

Head gasket problem
By brianne on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a beautiful vehicle which is a pleasure to drive. I love it, and still do, but recently with only 43000 miles on this vehicle experienced a problem with the low coolant light coming on, and find out there is a head gasket that is bad and needs repair. This is very costly, and I do not think a vehicle of this age and mileage should be experiencing this sort of problem. Of course it is over warranty and GM is not having any problems, and it is possible the vehicle was abused. I have done nothing but baby this vehicle because I love it so much. Needless to say, it is repaired, but I would say buyer beware.

Made on a Monday??
By Not so pleased on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The engine light came on one day after I had it. It took 4 tries for the dealership to finally fix it. Since then, the engine light has come on numerous times. I've had 3 parts replaced in less than 2 years. Thank goodness for OnStar. I'm looking for another type of car after only 2 years of having the car to avoid buying the extended warranty. The car looks great, but if I'm worried about it getting me where I need to go that's pretty pointless.

This is nearly a perfect car!!!!
By DBrent on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been outstanding! I've owned way more cars than any one person should, and it is without doubt one of the best built cars I've ever owned, second only to my K-Series Pickup. The only problem I've encountered came at 60,000 miles, a $7 temp sensor went bad. Chevy needs to take a look at the drive train in the recently retired Camaro. This car with that drive train under it would without a doubt be the perfect family car, as it is a little on the heavy side for a V6. The interior is solid, roomy and comfy. When the options are maxed out (leather, sunroof, OnStar, etc.) this truly is a very luxurious car.

Short Circuit
By Icarus on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the way the car drove, but all other experiences with my Monte Carlo were terrible. I'm 6' 2" and the car did not fit me; my fault, I test drove the vehicle. Yet, I have had electrical problems of every sort. After six months, my airbag indicator light would come on as I was driving down the road. No problems for another six months and then turn signals began to short out. I thought it was a fuse but they went on and off. I am now experiencing the same problem with the driver's side window. The Chevy dealers I went to were rude and unwilling to help. I think my experiences with Chevy are over.

it is actually a fun and SAFE car
By schatzie on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my Monte for about 1 1/2 years before getting into an accident this week. I loved my car, the handling, the acceleration, the quick response, the awesome sound system. But what has really sold me was it's performance in my auto accident. The crumple zones are a feature I can personally appreciate, since the car was totalled, and I walked away with only a couple of little bruises. Not only is this car fun, but it is safe!! This car and the Good Lord above saved my life. I am sold on this car and I am now shopping for my next Monte Carlo -- I am convinced!

what a joke.....
By Nismo 400R on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is the most pathetic car i have ever driven in my life. problems.... Well where should i start. ABS system dos not work. brakes are soft. Engine gauges continuosly on. traction control sys. does not work. window on pass side does not work. car leaks on pass side (not from window.) From firewall or some where in there. carpet is soaked and probably is rusted out in floor board. if you buy a monte carlo i give you great sympathy. i hate this car and will never buy one again. maybe it is defective but i hate this car. if you are over 6ft tall like me you are screwed. this car has the quality of a honda civic