2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
had it for 3months wonderful car
By tweef on 10/21/11 11:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

purchased my 2001 monte carlo ss 3 months ago from a orginal was scared at first car has 204k but after test driving fell in love with only thing i have done to it so far is brakes,oil,radiator flush other then that it been reliable only common problem with them is transmission thank the previous owner had it rebuilt few months before i bought gas is i drive 30miles a day gas is wonderful i put premium in it last me close to 8 days off da full tank this wont be that last monte carlo i own previous car i have owned were chevy astros95,98an till 2003 was lemon sold it bought my mc

Can't believe there's not more recalls on this vehicle
By eyzofblue72 on 06/02/11 20:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 car brand new in Nov 2000. Within the 1st year the driver seat heater went out - so had that replaced. Since then, I have had to have my catalytic converter replaced which now as I have been doing research found out it would have been covered under a Special Policy Adjustment - Catalytic Converter #05551 -(09/14/2005) Models: 2001-02 CHEVROLET IMPALA, MONTE CARLO EQUIPPED WITH 3.4L (RPO LA1 - VIN E) OR 3.8L (RPO L36 - VIN K) V6 ENGINE. Which surprisingly GM didn't bother to send. Now 4 years later, my catalytic converter needs to be replaced again. My security light has been on since 50k miles and I've had to replace my 4th gear shaft and the list goes on.

Monte SS
By Mr E on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car and so far has been nothing but fun fun fun. The car had 68,000 miles even though the car is almost 10 years old, but when I say well kept! No problems so far except for the warning orange light for tire pressure that stays on which I'm used to now. I would love for Chevy to build more SS's such as the Monte Carlo and the Impala for 2011.

It's just okay.
By KevinJ on 08/24/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased the vehicle, I was relatively impressed. As much as i would love to say that I am still impressed to this day, I simply cannot. I have had to drop the car off to my local Chevy dealer multiple times for reasons like the car stalling randomly, running on 4cyl, broken rear defroster, a shot transmission, speakers not working, seat heater not working, sunroof broken, condensation in the tail lights, etc. To put it quite frankly, it has been a lemon. I do thoroughly enjoy driving it when it works (a rarity), but it needs more power for such a large displacing V6. I also enjoy the strength of the seat heaters(when they work.) I only have one more gripe. THE UGLIEST WHEELS EVER.

Great Sports Car
By Austin on 08/20/10 13:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years old, it only had 25k on it. Have owned the car for 5 years and I have done the recommended service on it and it has lasted along time. The car now has 182k and still have original transmission and engine. The car still drives like new. Also this car has a lot of power compared to other sports cars and the trunk is huge.

Not Bad...
By RSS on 07/09/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Monte has been a decent car and I would call it average at best. I bought the car w/ high miles and started the fixing process. The previous owner did take good care of the car too. Intake manifold gaskets are weak, catalytic converter will crap out and cause weird issues, steering shaft will clunk when not lubed. The car has had issues but has always started and gotten me to where I need to go, though it might not be too pretty.

01 monte carlo ss
By bigredss on 04/18/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car for a yr now. Even though already powerful and comforting stock, I've made a few upgrades improving fuel economy, power and look. Adding the k&n intake and getting my computer modded not only added loads of hp, but improved my gas mileage by at least 6 mpg. I run 93 octane shells v-power gasoline. Though expensive, the fuel Burns better and is used more efficiently, also keeping my injectors a lot cleaner. Overall I'm in love with my car. I have the limited edition (25k) made and get looks and compliments every shop and or store I go. Sounds super sexy with flowmaster exhaust, so highly recommended :)

Must Have a MONTE!
By LOVE MONTE SS on 12/30/09 12:45 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Every Monte Carlo SS I own I get looks! I bought it used with about 62K and am now at about 114K. I have a lead foot! I haven't yet had any problems with my brake system. I did have my 4th gear (overdrive) go out on me. I've had to replace the Cat. Converter twice. Am being told by a family member that Chevy didn't build the exhaust system big enough for the bigger engines (and the way I drive). But if I blow one a year they are still covered under warranty! My fog lights don't work, never had a problem with seats, window motor was replaced, normal maintenance stuff done, oh leather pulled away from side air bag.

It's ok
By ForeignbutAmerican on 10/25/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was much better than my 96 Chevy Blazer but the fuel economy is probably the same compared to it. It is a sports car but as soon as I start the car, it's the the fuel gauge goes down! It drives pretty well and I like the extra umph it gives. But I had so many problems with it its not even funny. Surprisingly, it wasn't with the engine. I had window issues, a.c issues, radio issues, tire issues, axle issues, compressor issues, etc. This is a fun car to drive for the time being but over all, I love my baby and is grateful for it. This is a 2001 vehicle and it is now 2009 and I still get compliments! That says a lot!

Don't buy it
By SERGE on 07/07/09 15:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the car on a rental. Was very pleased with power,comfort and fuel efficiency. When a similar used SS came up at the local dealer,I couldn't help buying it.Loved the car Around 70000 KM, it started showing problems, acceleration seemed to miss, transmission shifting hard. These problems increased and now at 120000 KM, I had to spend 2000$ to get it to work so-so. Mass flow sensor was bad, I replaced both front wheel bearings, steering fluid is leaking, yellow light in dash always reporting some problem, windows wont go down on hot days,radio does stupid things, transmission shifts hard (850$ ), still hesitates at high accel. To many probs to list.

1 2 3 4 5 next »