2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Excellent fuel mileage
By Kenny in NM on 06/13/10 16:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in 2003 with 17,000 Miles. Replaced CV joints at 70K. New Plugs wires at 100K. Just drove from NM to AL and back for vacation and got 32 MPG on first tank of fuel (Night-time Driving With a/c off). Averaged 25.7 MPG for the total 3068 miles driven.

Never ever ever again
By gene on 08/30/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the biggest piece of junk! Soon as I got it I noted that water was leaking in from the firewall thanks to the cabin air filter being under the window wipers stupid location, hard to fix, impossible to replace a blown speaker in the back, blows fuses for back up lights regularly, horrible suspension and creaks over every bump and feels floaty, had to replace the driver side wheel hub assembly at 62,000 miles cant be left for over two days with out it being dead dude to electronic draw, exhaust rattles thanks to design, traction to sensitive, and kicks in at weird times. A horrible gm design and poorly engineered! No gm crap for me any more, reconsider if you want one

Great GAs Mileage, poor quality
By Tony Z on 08/10/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car would be great if it was not for the poor quality on certain things. AC is out at 85,000 miles, both front hub assemblies replaced by 80,000 miles, moon roof shorts out, replaced radio amp, initially had a coolant problem which years later turned out to problematic, and a catalytic converter problem. There were a few more but I have forgotten. So it has been pretty expensive once the warranty was out. I take car of my cars and do not drive them hard. This would be an awesome car if it was more reliable. It looks sharp great gas for the size. I do get 28mpg. I would pay an extra grand at the beginning for better quality.

2001 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 Sport Appearanc
By John on 07/13/09 11:24 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. Love the looks(sport appearance package)and performance. Plenty of power. Minor problems only. I regularly maintain and keep it clean. 31 MPG during first year road trip but has diminished since to 28. Stills shines and no rust.

Love my Monte Carlo.
By 2001 Monte Carlo on 03/04/08 15:35 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this 2001 Monte Carlo for 6 years. I have had absolutly no problems. It's sporty, yet car seats fit well. Enough power to go without hesitation. There is plenty of room in the trunk. Mine is the "LS" model, I do perfer the looks of the SS better though.

Been my best vehicle
By kars on 02/12/08 14:31 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new and has held up very well with minimal maintainence. Drives well in snow for being 2W drive. Owned 7 years and only thing to brake down was the lightcover in the trunk.(very minor)

Disappointed Monte Carlo owner
By Russell Roebuck on 01/04/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never spent so much money on repairs in my life! First intake manifold, then Ttransmission problems, next catlaytic converter, next BCM, next thermostat which cost $290 plus tax also oil change every 3000 miles. Radiator and cooling system flushed, Driver side power window unit needs replaced. Seat belt doesn't retract on drivers side. Only a little over 80,000 miles and mostly highway driving. What a lemon piece of junk car and I'll never buy another one. I hate to say but I've owned Nissans for about 20 years before this car and never had any repair bills.

Only one problem so far
By murf on 12/01/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for two years.2nd owner. Had to replace rotors and right front hub assembly, may have to do left also. Have to buy whole assembly to replace which is more expensive. Had to replace catalytic converter, but was still under 80000 miles warranty. Love car, flashy, would have probably bought the SS for more power but is still one nice vehicle. I have not had some of the problems others have reported( knock on wood), but we do drive it conservatively. I would recommend this vehicle to others.

A Sweet Ride, My Monte
By sleestak on 10/30/07 17:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets looks everywhere I go. Very big trunk. Nice stereo. Power everything. Lots of car for the money.

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By LOVE MY MONTE on 01/23/07 14:25 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile in Oct '05 and I am loving it. It was a one owner vehicle and had 150,000 miles on it. It has 165,000 now and looks and runs like new. No rattles, doesn't burn any oil, drives like a new one. I would recomend this car to anyone. I contacted the original owner and he said he had no problems in the time he owned it other than a traction control malfunction that was fixed by the dealership under waranty. I drive it everyday and would reccomend this car to everyone.