2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Worst Car I've Owned - NO MORE GMS
By lastGM on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new - nothing but problems: ABS, Fuel leak under hood, transmission problems... I will NEVER buy another GM car.

Still Awesome after 3+ Years
By Westsuburban on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

Great car from day one. It has never been back to the dealer! It's a 2000 with 53,000 miles.

good car
By okteltim on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

Good car and is fun to drive. Good mileage around town (25+)when keeping the foot out of the CARB.

nice car
By Alexander Gogoberidz on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

nice car. had no problems with it so far.

i hate my ss
By AngrySSDriva on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

i love the body style and interior but what good is a car if i feel it is not reliable? i am a foreign car man but went against myself and bought the irresistable body style. my check engine light comes on if i fart too loud and i recently had to have my rack and pinion replaced at only 30000 miles!!! The weather strip for my trunk is also always coming loose.owned it one year been to dealer 3 times for aggravating probs.

OK except for repeated frontend problem
By Netman on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I love the car but I have had repeated front end problems. Problem is associated with the "intermediate shaft bearing" so the dealer says. It has been "fixed" several time. I am trading it in.

Great car
By BigC on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

love everything about it, the lookand the performance,not a V8 but good enough im tall and it is very comfortible. one recuring problem i have is with the light senser, i have to replace almost every 8 months becouse of short. had same system in my camaro, that work flawlessly.

SS Monte Carlo traction system
By Janny on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I love my car. The ride, look, and style are fine when it is not having problems with the traction control system. Of course, when it is at the shop it drives perfectly. The problem does not reproduce. Has anyone else written about this problem? When the traction active light comes on the car will drag.

MONTE
By T STANGO on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

GREAT AUTO

best car
By Ryopan on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Monte Carlo LS new in 2000. This is the best car I've ever owned. I put a lot of miles on it each year simply beacuse I love to drive it. It has been on two Cross Country trips from Texas to New York. The Monte Carlo is comfortable, reliable, fun to drive and just excellent all around. It is the best!