Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

My love let me down
By Hera

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I fell in love at first sight with the newer Monte and bought one in 2004. It was an excellent car for the first year or so then things started to go downhill. By 75,000 miles the car started missing and hesitating which seemed to be fixed by frequent tune-ups but the solution was only temporary. Now, with a year left on my 5 year loan, the car has major electrical problems - turn signals only work occasionally, some of the lights in the car quit working, it has troubling power surges that make it stutter while moving and it keeps killing a perfectly good battery. I was advised to dump it soon by a mechanic I took it to recently. And I too had to replace the driver side window switch.

Favorite Features

Stability, handling, spaciousness, looks, sportiness

Suggested Improvements

If they still made them, I'd say the electrical system and the computer.

Driving a beauty
By jay

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed driving this beautiful vehicle. It's a real eye catcher, and iI have had numerous compliments on my SS Monte Carlo. Many thanks to the guys at the Chevy corporation. I just wanna jump up and click my heels!

Favorite Features

The style of the body, and the entire interior and exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Make chrome 20 inch rims standard factory furnishments.

I was looking for an Imapla
By Open New Mexico Road

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I was looking for an Impala, but the salesman introduced me and sold me on the sportier sibling, the Monte Carlo. 85% of the 114,000 miles are highway miles...good miles. The 3.8 engine is as strong as the day I bought, and except for two recalls, only had to replace the drivers' side power window toggle switch. Still gets good gas mileage, 30 mpg in the city. It was also comforting that I did not have to trade it in when I had to put two car seats, on teenager, and a wife into it. It actually had more seating space than my wifes S-10 Blazer. Has the original paint, no problems except for highway debris. I would love to buy a 2008, but going to keep the 2000 until she can't go no more

Favorite Features

A great sports car for the money (at least back in 2000-2). Handling- holds to the road..right and left turns at 40-45 mph without hesititaton. (Ask my wife..she hates it the kids love it.)

Suggested Improvements

Don't hold the the monster back. That little 3.8 cuts out because there's a thing called a governor holding it back.

Felicity's Review
By Felicity

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I love my car! I love the Monte Carlo! She is so sweet, and so much fun to drive. My Monte is so hot, even when she was stock she was so fly and and her curves all in the right places. She drives beautifully and oh so smooth. I sure hope she lasts me my lifetime.

Favorite Features

One of my favorites by far is when you speed up, the radio gets louder to make up for the engine and outside noise. And absolutely the heated seats. I use them everyday, even in summer.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats in the back. Climate controls in the back. Better stock sound system, like BOSE.

Love the Style, but Hate the Problems
By Capehart

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

46 miles after purchase, the computer goes out. Great for 2 years, then the transmission goes out, sunroof gets stuck open and needs to be replaced. Now after a new head gasket from the leaking oil, it leaks worse. The car only has 88,000 miles now.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Drives great!

Suggested Improvements

Needs better quality!