2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
great car
By da big dog on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 2000, and never had it back to the dealer except for a power window switch that went bad at 185,000 miles. The only mechanical problem that I had was that I lost overdrive around 165,000 miles, but I truly can't complain, I ragged that motor and transmission hard for the life of it,but the engine was rock solid when I traded it. The other nice feature about this car was even though it had soooo many miles on it in such a short period of time it still held good value for a trade in, I would strongly recommend this car to anyone......

Great Monte
By B.Mooney on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I've owned this Monte for over 4 years, the only flaw so far was the heater element in the drivers seat stopped working. Very impressed with the comfort and reliabity.

Track Tested
By olenc on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car mainly because of past Monte Carlo experience, and being a NASCAR fan of the # 3 Monte Carlo.I had the opportunity this summer to go to Talladega Superspeedway and take it 2 laps around the track. Awesome at 120 MPH!!! Awesome around the highway too. No problems so far. I bought it with 67,000 miles on it and I will put 55- 60,000 anually on it. Great experince so far.

2000 monte is at least pretty
By theunbound1 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

car mechanically stable....beautifull exterior design...my prob is the butt- ugle interior...everything is hard plastic and there is nothing really accenting anything..looks like they spent a lot of time designing the body and 10 seconds on the interior. the super-special radio sounds like a singe speaker radio in a tin can and is probably the worst stock radio ive ever heard. i keep bopping my funny bone on the hard plastic center console..and there is no cusion-like grip everywhere there should be. but hey it gets good gas milage and looks really really nice on the outside...

Scared SS Owner
By Scared Chevy Owner on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I loved the car when I drove it, but during the first month the HVAC head had to be replced for a light bulb out, the radio had to be replaced because it would not connect to the message center and the car alarm goes off if the trunk is opened with the key. Sometimes the doors lock automatically, sometimes they don't. All this at 32,000 miles. What's next?

monte carlo ss
By pc on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I bought it used a year ago and have loved every minute of it. I love the luxury ride yet the sporty look. You have the best of both worlds with this car. This is the fourth Monte Carlo that my family has owned over the past 30 years and i would buy another one.

Love my MC!!
By callen on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

The styling on this car is irresistable. Extremely roomy, comfortable, fun to drive and looks GREAT! Have not had a single problem with the car; couldn't be more reliable. I'm planning on selling my '00 LS and upgrading to another MC, the SS this time though. GM does it again!!

Love my LS
By BigKLB on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This is, to date, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, many cars. I think it is a great value for the money. I have had no problems with this car at all. I am 6'2" and have plenty of head and leg room. The style and mechanics are right on the mark for me

Good vehicle
By Wayne Louisiana on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I am very happy with this car. Fast for a V6. I bougtht it from a little old lady w/9000mi.4/02in So. California that wanted a new car. I flew there to buy it and drove it back to Louisiana. I have 38,000 on it now. I have had a stupid rattle behing the glove box that no mechanic at Best Chevrolet in Kenner,La. can find. Never have a car fixed there !!!! It gets better gas mi. than my wifes' 2003 Mazda 626. Never buy that car !!!!! I will buy a new one next body style.

Great Car for the Money
By karch on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I've had more good comments about this car than any I have owned. Its fun to drive, has loads of features, and looks great. The paint is fabulouse easy to keep shiney. Average about 23 mpg around town 27 on the highway at 75 MPH. Had a few early problems nothing major. One of the best dashboards with all but one button easy to see. Fog light button hidden by the steering wheel.