2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
MoNique the DivaMobile! <3
By Joey on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased my maroon Monte Carlo in January 2009 from my dad. She had 151,000 on her, and there was a crack in front of the driver's headlight where my dad had kicked her because he is impatient and she cold started on him. The battery cables have been troublesome, but is tolerable. I've put rear brakes, a new intake gasket, a wheel hub, new tires, and a new starter on her, approximately $2300. I only use premium fuel and a bottle of gas treatment with every tank, change the oil every 3000 miles, she has been good to me. Coming up on 188K, and she will accompany me on my move from Indiana back to Michigan. To many more years and miles with my baby!

Its an ok car
By mellowc on 04/06/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Looks unique, but has no guts in it. The 3.4 L model will get you from a to b, but this engine will certainly not win you any races. Nice front seat, but cheap parts have cost me some money. Engine also blew a head gasket, which this engine is known to do; $700. I was looking for a car with some get up and go, this is not it. Its an ok car, but leaves you wanting more.

Excellent car, sorry to see it go
By IL Monte on 02/03/10 15:17 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

An incredibly reliable and safe car. I had my 2000 LS until it was totaled in an accident with a semi, but I walked away unharmed. Sorry to see it go, but it kept me safe. In 9 years of ownership, my only real problem was one fouled injector. Another issue but much more minor was having to replace the passenger side power window switch two or three times. Other than that, two new sets of tires and two new sets of brakes due to regular mileage, and no complaints. Regular oil changes, regular maintenance, change the fluids regularly, voluntarily swapped out plugs and voluntary tune-ups. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. Sorry they don't make Montes anymore.

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo LS
By montewithproblems on 01/01/09 09:33 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte Carlo used with 98000 miles. Granted it wasn't new, since I have owned it I have had many problems. Heater blower motor and resistor went, ball joint, thermostat, transmission is starting to hestitate, power mirrors only work when they want to, and now the car is leaking antifreeze. I was told by my mechanic that the head gasket is going. I have only put 10000 miles on it. I would worn others to be cautious buying a used one with higher miles. The seats are uncomfortable. The car does look great though and does turn heads. Just wish it was more reliable. This is probably my last Chevy!

Hey Baby! Nice Car!
By Xplicit Kontent on 12/10/08 08:22 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last year. All in all, I love this car! The seats have adjustable lumbar support which makes it easy to make your seat have the perfect level of comfort and you have lots of room instead of being cramped together. I added a K&N air filter and add Lucas Oil fuel additive each time I change my oil. These two things jumped my gas mileage from 21 to 26 mpg(city) and 29 mpg(highway). I recommend this!

Felicity's Review
By Felicity on 04/13/07 16:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I love my car! I love the Monte Carlo! She is so sweet, and so much fun to drive. My Monte is so hot, even when she was stock she was so fly and and her curves all in the right places. She drives beautifully and oh so smooth. I sure hope she lasts me my lifetime.

Chevrolet 2000 Monte Carlo LS 2dr.
By 2DR LS Coupe on 03/13/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Great gas mileage. Uncomfortable seating, makes back hurt with way front seats are made. Too uncomfortable entering and geting out of car, both front and back seats. Too low from front stepping out of car in front. Back headrests are very uncomfortable when trying to turn head, unable to see behind. The younger ones like drivng it though. So far it has been reliable and I do believe it is well made. I will never buy another 2 Dr. Too uncomfortable.

fun to drive
By alan olsen on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

the car turns a lot of heads.whether it be people in the street or in other cars,they have to take a second look.

Love my MC!!
By callen on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

The styling on this car is irresistable. Extremely roomy, comfortable, fun to drive and looks GREAT! Have not had a single problem with the car; couldn't be more reliable. I'm planning on selling my '00 LS and upgrading to another MC, the SS this time though. GM does it again!!

Love my LS
By BigKLB on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This is, to date, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned many, many cars. I think it is a great value for the money. I have had no problems with this car at all. I am 6'2" and have plenty of head and leg room. The style and mechanics are right on the mark for me