Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

MoNique the DivaMobile! <3
By Joey

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased my maroon Monte Carlo in January 2009 from my dad. She had 151,000 on her, and there was a crack in front of the driver's headlight where my dad had kicked her because he is impatient and she cold started on him. The battery cables have been troublesome, but is tolerable. I've put rear brakes, a new intake gasket, a wheel hub, new tires, and a new starter on her, approximately $2300. I only use premium fuel and a bottle of gas treatment with every tank, change the oil every 3000 miles, she has been good to me. Coming up on 188K, and she will accompany me on my move from Indiana back to Michigan. To many more years and miles with my baby!

On the interstate, I get over 30 miles to the gallon from a full size car! The trunk swallows the packing of my best friend he packs A LOT!. Bambi barely scathed her. She feels very planted on the highway. I can sleep in this car, it's big and comfortable! <3

Umm, I don't know, other than the fact that GM killed the Monte Carlo, some cheapness inside, I don't have a sunroof. God I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Kudos Chevrolet! And shame on you for giving up!

Its an ok car
By mellowc

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Looks unique, but has no guts in it. The 3.4 L model will get you from a to b, but this engine will certainly not win you any races. Nice front seat, but cheap parts have cost me some money. Engine also blew a head gasket, which this engine is known to do; $700. I was looking for a car with some get up and go, this is not it. Its an ok car, but leaves you wanting more.

Excellent car, sorry to see it go
By IL Monte

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

An incredibly reliable and safe car. I had my 2000 LS until it was totaled in an accident with a semi, but I walked away unharmed. Sorry to see it go, but it kept me safe. In 9 years of ownership, my only real problem was one fouled injector. Another issue but much more minor was having to replace the passenger side power window switch two or three times. Other than that, two new sets of tires and two new sets of brakes due to regular mileage, and no complaints. Regular oil changes, regular maintenance, change the fluids regularly, voluntarily swapped out plugs and voluntary tune-ups. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. Sorry they don't make Montes anymore.

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo LS
By montewithproblems

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte Carlo used with 98000 miles. Granted it wasn't new, since I have owned it I have had many problems. Heater blower motor and resistor went, ball joint, thermostat, transmission is starting to hestitate, power mirrors only work when they want to, and now the car is leaking antifreeze. I was told by my mechanic that the head gasket is going. I have only put 10000 miles on it. I would worn others to be cautious buying a used one with higher miles. The seats are uncomfortable. The car does look great though and does turn heads. Just wish it was more reliable. This is probably my last Chevy!

Radio, exterior style.

More reliable, seats that are comfortable.

Hey Baby! Nice Car!
By Xplicit Kontent

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last year. All in all, I love this car! The seats have adjustable lumbar support which makes it easy to make your seat have the perfect level of comfort and you have lots of room instead of being cramped together. I added a K&N air filter and add Lucas Oil fuel additive each time I change my oil. These two things jumped my gas mileage from 21 to 26 mpg(city) and 29 mpg(highway). I recommend this!

Lumbar support, spacious interior, sound system, exterior design.

More power, tighter stearing, tighter gas pedal and a better stock gas mileage