Used 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Worth Every Penny
By Justin

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've always liked the way these Monte Carlos looked and after a test drive I knew it was coming home with me! For the smaller V-6, acceleration is rather impressive. Whoever designed the interior got it absolutely right. The controls are all easy to reach and where you would want or expect them to be. The trunk is enormous as well.

Three words. Bright. Red. Paint. The way the car sits, the way you sit in the driver's seat, the design overall is sporty but comfy with a touch of muscle car thrown in. Very fun to just cruise around in.

Turning radius is poor, but that's expected on a car its size. The doors are very heavy. Suspension is a little stiff.

Great Car
By Brashear

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

The only problems we had with this car were with the brake pads, once we had those replaced, we haven't had any troubles. Even after the 100k mark, the car still has a lot of power and is a joy to drive. If you are planning on buying a monte carlo, I can't say enough good things about the vehicle. Of course, the car we now own is of an older body style. In 2000 Chevy came out with the newest look, so I can't comment to much about these later models. Enjoy the ride!

There is plenty of leg room, even for a six foot, 270 lb man such as my self. The motor driven drivers seat is a nice feature, especially since my wife and I both drove the car. If you do a lot of traveling to see the in-laws like we did, there is plenty of space in the trunk.

I can't think of any improvements that I would make to this vehicle. It has been a joy to own. Good luck on your purchases.

I like em "low and wide"
By jimmie guillory

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This was the last year for this model. Now Chevy has gone to the tall and narrow styling which has no appeal for me. My Monte Carlo has been a reliable and comfortable piece of transportation. And the gas mileage on the hiway approches 30 mpg. Not too shabby!

Low and wide styling.

Could have been a little quieter on the road and with a slightly softer ride.

OK car
By Shawn

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had my Monte Carlo for almost two years. Pretty good overall car. It's very reliable and I haven't had too many problems with it. However, the gas mileage is terrible in the city, I average about 18 mpg, much better on the road though. The hinge on the glove compartment broke, and braking in the rain was bad until I had the front fender liners trimmed. Overall I have been happy with the performance, never lost a race with any high-schoolers at stop lights with their Civics and Eclipses!

Definitely power! Wish they offered the car in a manual though, it would be more fun.

Add a manual transmission. Make the turning radius better! (hard to park in tight spaces) Better quality of interior and better gas mileage!

Sexy, but the colors are drab
By J. Mayeux

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car mostly for its looks, but found the gas mileage was very good (at 75 mph got 29.7 mpg). Engine performance has been satisfactory for the most part. No rattles or squeaks, but I find the ride could be a little less firm. Paint job is pretty, but surprisingly easy to scratch. It's not as durable as paints in the past.

Roomy seats in front. quiet and stable ride. Very good gas economy. Cavernous trunk. Sleek body styling. I often get compliments on its good looks.

Give choice of firm or soft ride. Make the engine quieter. Install larger AC, and get the heater fan to run quieter. Stop using black or dark gray interiors, use brighter colors.