1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
car kicks . . .
By MAtthew on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

i bought this car a short will ago it has been great haven't had to do anything to it exept for some new rims because the caps r ugly but other than that it has made it from colorado to massachusetts and california without any problems exept for gas!!

A pretty good car
By bamadude on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used from Hertz car sales(it was a rental car)with 28,000 miles on it. Now the car has 65,000 miles on it. Last week the check engine light came on and I took it in to be looked at. They had to replace the intake manifold gasket, the #1 fuel injector and the #1 spark plug. All of this cost me over $700. The only other problem I have had with the car is warped front break rotors. I am not sure if I will buy another GM car. The quality has improved in the last 10 years. I do not expect a car with 65,000 on it to need the extensive work that mine just had.

Fast and smooth, unless your stopping.
By Adirondack on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

This car looks great, handles well, and was well constructed. I received a lot of compliments about its looks and smooth ride. Just keep the brakes well maintained.

Treated me well
By Chimike on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

The A/C got noisy around 30,000 miles, but it was fixed under the warranty. A few other minor problems, but I was pretty happy with the purchase overall.

Love it except...
By joan on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

My car is wonderful, but... it has this nasty problem of quitting sometimes. No one can figure it out. Have changed a lot of parts, no help. HELP!!!

Love it except...
By Joan on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Red Hot Monte
By sadler6 on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

A+ Red Hot Monte. Always gets me anywhere I want to on time.

My Z34
By Steve-o on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I've had good luck with my Monte. It's fun to drive and looks sharp. I highly recommend the Z34 model over the plane jane LS. I have a noisy steering box, but under warranty they changed everything steering related and never were able to make the noise completely go away. That was 40,000 miles ago and it hasn't gotten any worse so I figure it must just be the way the cars are built.

My Monte Carlo
By Mardom on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

It pops and creeks in the front end, the interior between seats is impossible to get between to clean and I don't like that. Other wise I truly enjoy it.