1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Great Car
By mrf777 on 10/03/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This has been my favorite car I've ever owned. It's been reliable and fun to drive. It's good on gas and the body still looks great. I'd buy another in a minute.

Put to the test Monte
By Kylene King on 11/07/06 19:52 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

The 1999 Monte Carlo Z34 was my very first car, and I've had it for over 3 years. Naturally, as a teenager, I've put it through a lot. The leather option is nice, but is somewhat "cheap" feeling, not at all like the leather found on newer models. Gas mileage I would have to say is "average." As a high-end V6, it definitely has power. Handling is good, steering seems good to me. The AC and heat is "average."

Runs Strong
By MikeNJ on 09/20/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in June of 2000. I admit I was skeptical given all the American car bashing that came out of the 80's and early 90's, but I've always preferred to buy American. This Monte Carlo is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned! I am in sales, I drive a lot, averaging 30K-40K miles per year. My Monte now has 177K miles on it and is only now beginning to show some well-deserved repair needs (loss of power, mechanical issue). With that said, I can have it fixed and she'll keep on going. And my gut says she'll go another 100K easy! I cared for the car meticulously, synthetic oil every 3000 miles, plugs/wires every 50K, Trans fluid every 30K, etc, etc. No transmission problems, nothing. Best!

My best car
By greg miller on 07/30/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

This car has never been back to the dealer. I do my own oil changes and inspections. Original battery, brakes. Just replaced tires two months ago. Everything works like new. Best cornering full sized car; like it's on rails. Great sound system. Good leg room. Big trunk. Black. Dale Earnhardt car. 25 MPG on 80 MPH trips to Las Vegas.

A real looker
By jerry mayeux on 07/06/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

My Monte Carlo was not the exact color I was looking for but the Pewter color is alright. However, the engine (3.1) proved to be entirely adequate for my type of driving. The car seems to be very stable on curves and can accelerate briskly if required. The back seat is really fit for two people only but the trunk can gulp down a fair sized amount of luggage. So, I really can't complain. The real surprise is that at 70 mph I have gotten a shade over 31 MPG in the winter when not using the a.c. And this was with three people and all their stuff. All in all, a pretty fair car for the price.

Worth Every Penny
By Justin on 03/01/06 13:04 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I've always liked the way these Monte Carlos looked and after a test drive I knew it was coming home with me! For the smaller V-6, acceleration is rather impressive. Whoever designed the interior got it absolutely right. The controls are all easy to reach and where you would want or expect them to be. The trunk is enormous as well.

Great Car
By Brashear on 12/07/05 12:23 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

The only problems we had with this car were with the brake pads, once we had those replaced, we haven't had any troubles. Even after the 100k mark, the car still has a lot of power and is a joy to drive. If you are planning on buying a monte carlo, I can't say enough good things about the vehicle. Of course, the car we now own is of an older body style. In 2000 Chevy came out with the newest look, so I can't comment to much about these later models. Enjoy the ride!

I like em "low and wide"
By jimmie guillory on 11/30/05 23:32 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This was the last year for this model. Now Chevy has gone to the tall and narrow styling which has no appeal for me. My Monte Carlo has been a reliable and comfortable piece of transportation. And the gas mileage on the hiway approches 30 mpg. Not too shabby!

OK car
By Shawn on 06/23/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had my Monte Carlo for almost two years. Pretty good overall car. It's very reliable and I haven't had too many problems with it. However, the gas mileage is terrible in the city, I average about 18 mpg, much better on the road though. The hinge on the glove compartment broke, and braking in the rain was bad until I had the front fender liners trimmed. Overall I have been happy with the performance, never lost a race with any high-schoolers at stop lights with their Civics and Eclipses!

Sexy, but the colors are drab
By J. Mayeux on 01/29/05 19:54 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car mostly for its looks, but found the gas mileage was very good (at 75 mph got 29.7 mpg). Engine performance has been satisfactory for the most part. No rattles or squeaks, but I find the ride could be a little less firm. Paint job is pretty, but surprisingly easy to scratch. It's not as durable as paints in the past.