1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Bought it out of showroom
By dnaangel on 08/25/14 01:58 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in 1999 out of the showroom and STILL use it as my daily driver. 178k miles and still runs strong, fun car to drive though not as much umph as it used to (to be expected) Definitely showing it age after 15+ years of use. No major issues as of yet (*Knocks on wood*), have changed the Waterpump, Fuel Filter, Sunroof and Passenger side window motors, Radiator and Vaccum line to A/C compressor as well as Valve Cover Gaskets over those 15 years, that's about it on major repairs. To this day Sunroof and A/C still work, will still lay rubber through 2nd gear and loves to be opened up.

Put to the test Monte
By Kylene King on 11/07/06 19:52 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

The 1999 Monte Carlo Z34 was my very first car, and I've had it for over 3 years. Naturally, as a teenager, I've put it through a lot. The leather option is nice, but is somewhat "cheap" feeling, not at all like the leather found on newer models. Gas mileage I would have to say is "average." As a high-end V6, it definitely has power. Handling is good, steering seems good to me. The AC and heat is "average."

Runs Strong
By MikeNJ on 09/20/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in June of 2000. I admit I was skeptical given all the American car bashing that came out of the 80's and early 90's, but I've always preferred to buy American. This Monte Carlo is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned! I am in sales, I drive a lot, averaging 30K-40K miles per year. My Monte now has 177K miles on it and is only now beginning to show some well-deserved repair needs (loss of power, mechanical issue). With that said, I can have it fixed and she'll keep on going. And my gut says she'll go another 100K easy! I cared for the car meticulously, synthetic oil every 3000 miles, plugs/wires every 50K, Trans fluid every 30K, etc, etc. No transmission problems, nothing. Best!

My best car
By greg miller on 07/30/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

This car has never been back to the dealer. I do my own oil changes and inspections. Original battery, brakes. Just replaced tires two months ago. Everything works like new. Best cornering full sized car; like it's on rails. Great sound system. Good leg room. Big trunk. Black. Dale Earnhardt car. 25 MPG on 80 MPH trips to Las Vegas.

OK car
By Shawn on 06/23/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have had my Monte Carlo for almost two years. Pretty good overall car. It's very reliable and I haven't had too many problems with it. However, the gas mileage is terrible in the city, I average about 18 mpg, much better on the road though. The hinge on the glove compartment broke, and braking in the rain was bad until I had the front fender liners trimmed. Overall I have been happy with the performance, never lost a race with any high-schoolers at stop lights with their Civics and Eclipses!

99 Monte Z34 well worth the $$$$
By Marc99GT on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

My wife and I bought this car for her in 11/98 and it has been fairly reliable. The glove box hinge support broke, but I was able to fix it. A Few lights on the radio buttons have blown, front rotors warp easily & the transmission slips on take-off. Otherwise, the car has been very reliable with no major problems at alomst 83K miles. It has not been back to the dealer since new and we are looking to buy an Impala LS.

Love It
By Studmuffin on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Great car with no problems

Functional, stylish, fun
By C Keene on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I actually like the looks of the 99 better than the '00, except for the Lumina overtones. The car is one of the most comfortable highway cars for the money. Pity that GM bean counters always choose the lowest bidder when it comes to interior plastics. If Honda and VW can find suppliers of quality pastic materials, why can't GM? I tore off the Z-34 emblems as I thought it was silly when they replaced the 3.4 engine with the 3.8. I simply upgraded the car by retrofitting SS emblems from the Camaro (RIP).

Fast and smooth, unless your stopping.
By Adirondack on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

This car looks great, handles well, and was well constructed. I received a lot of compliments about its looks and smooth ride. Just keep the brakes well maintained.

Love it except...
By joan on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

My car is wonderful, but... it has this nasty problem of quitting sometimes. No one can figure it out. Have changed a lot of parts, no help. HELP!!!