Used 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

mostly dissapointing but good daily driver
By joker42369

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I had this car for 4 years with leather interiour and 3.1L engine. For the driving enthusiast which i am, this car was a dissapointment. It rolls around turns and is just way too slow. However, it started up every day for me with no problems ever, and stayed together pretty nice considering how bad i beat it up. The leather interiour was nice and the confiest coupe you can find. mileage was about 17-18 city. looks good only from a few angles.

interior, quiet, smooth ride, comfy and spacious, and very reliable.

this car was ugly, and too slow to bear the 'monte carlo' badge. a lot of little problems built up on me like window motors, electrical issues like turn signals etc.

Last of the Big Two-Doors
By Wheelz51

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Have had this car since Aug 01 & love it. It has 145,000 miles & seems to be running strong. Have replaced the alternator twice as well as the fuel pump. Haven't had the gasket prob (yet) as others have described. I love the split bench seat and column shift & wish GM would bring that back. I use a wheelchair & the 2-door makes it much easier to load my ride. Curious as to why the '98 gets 30 mpg & '99 drops to 20! We'll keep this car til it dies, hope to get another 100K. Because of needing a large 2-door, my next ride will probably be the Toyota Solara.

Large 2-door Column shift Sporty look Dependability

Who's the yo-yo who put the battery under the wiper fluid canister? Needs 10 more mpg!

The best car going
By Very Happy

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I have owned two Montes, still driving my 1980 around. This 1999 is great I have done Trips to PG and down to Oregon from Vancouver sometimes driving a straight 12 hours never a problem Great engine great P/u and go, Very dependable. I have over 220,000 and still running strong very little maintenance, way to go Chevy!

It's North American built

Build more of them

Need bigger engine/more power
By Cleo0243

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car(4/6/2010) in great condition. 3.1 V6 - 119,000 miles-New firestone tires, great body and paint(gold), no leaks, leather, interior also great shape, 2 new window motors, new shocks and 2 extra tecs for the oil pressure and volts. I just had to replace the alternator (4/22/2010) I drove the car about 120 miles yesterday. What I notice is that the body is heavy and I feel the car needs a bigger engine and more power. I thought WoW, Monte Carlo was always known to be a great fast American car. I guess I expected more power for the weight of the car. My sister owns the 1992 Lumina with the same size engine and her car seems to have more power, but the cars body is much lighter

Body style, Overall look is sharp & very nice! Leather is nice! Rides very smooth. Lots of leg room and trunk space.

Bigger engine and more power. I know I will have to replace Brakes soon, because the vehicle is so heavy.

the best worst car i ever had
By brent

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

this car drove me crazy bad anti freeze leak and needed a new intake and the block was crack but even through all that it started every single time oh and the starters go like crazy with these cars same as the intake

fast for a 3.1 back seat haha

fix the problems with the intake