1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Bought it out of showroom
By dnaangel on 08/25/14 01:58 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in 1999 out of the showroom and STILL use it as my daily driver. 178k miles and still runs strong, fun car to drive though not as much umph as it used to (to be expected) Definitely showing it age after 15+ years of use. No major issues as of yet (*Knocks on wood*), have changed the Waterpump, Fuel Filter, Sunroof and Passenger side window motors, Radiator and Vaccum line to A/C compressor as well as Valve Cover Gaskets over those 15 years, that's about it on major repairs. To this day Sunroof and A/C still work, will still lay rubber through 2nd gear and loves to be opened up.

mostly dissapointing but good daily driver
By joker42369 on 06/12/11 16:04 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I had this car for 4 years with leather interiour and 3.1L engine. For the driving enthusiast which i am, this car was a dissapointment. It rolls around turns and is just way too slow. However, it started up every day for me with no problems ever, and stayed together pretty nice considering how bad i beat it up. The leather interiour was nice and the confiest coupe you can find. mileage was about 17-18 city. looks good only from a few angles.

Last of the Big Two-Doors
By Wheelz51 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Have had this car since Aug 01 & love it. It has 145,000 miles & seems to be running strong. Have replaced the alternator twice as well as the fuel pump. Haven't had the gasket prob (yet) as others have described. I love the split bench seat and column shift & wish GM would bring that back. I use a wheelchair & the 2-door makes it much easier to load my ride. Curious as to why the '98 gets 30 mpg & '99 drops to 20! We'll keep this car til it dies, hope to get another 100K. Because of needing a large 2-door, my next ride will probably be the Toyota Solara.

The best car going
By Very Happy on 09/07/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I have owned two Montes, still driving my 1980 around. This 1999 is great I have done Trips to PG and down to Oregon from Vancouver sometimes driving a straight 12 hours never a problem Great engine great P/u and go, Very dependable. I have over 220,000 and still running strong very little maintenance, way to go Chevy!

Need bigger engine/more power
By Cleo0243 on 04/23/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car(4/6/2010) in great condition. 3.1 V6 - 119,000 miles-New firestone tires, great body and paint(gold), no leaks, leather, interior also great shape, 2 new window motors, new shocks and 2 extra tecs for the oil pressure and volts. I just had to replace the alternator (4/22/2010) I drove the car about 120 miles yesterday. What I notice is that the body is heavy and I feel the car needs a bigger engine and more power. I thought WoW, Monte Carlo was always known to be a great fast American car. I guess I expected more power for the weight of the car. My sister owns the 1992 Lumina with the same size engine and her car seems to have more power, but the cars body is much lighter

the best worst car i ever had
By brent on 01/29/10 21:18 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

this car drove me crazy bad anti freeze leak and needed a new intake and the block was crack but even through all that it started every single time oh and the starters go like crazy with these cars same as the intake

I Love this car even though I hate Chevy
By gdaholic on 11/29/09 16:16 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Even though I hate all non classic and non antique Chevy's I absolutely Love my 99 Hello Sailor Red Chevy Monte Carlo SSLS 3.1!!!! Very comfortable, so much that I drove 12 hour straight from my home in East Texas to Albuquerque, NM without rest breaks!!!! I drive it to the limit in frequency, distance, speed, agility on the road, etc.

I Love My Car
By hot mama on 07/28/09 23:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This was the first car I purchased on my own at 19 years old I am now 25 I have 165,000 mi on it I have had a few issues but nothing my dad couldn't fix. I just had the transmission rebuilt because it was slipping but hey I bought the car with on 45,000 mi on it and I have put over 100,000 on it myself. I plan to keep this car until it dies. Overall I love this car.

where is the recall?
By never again on 07/02/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my 99 Monte Carlo used with 22000 miles on it. It went good for 3 yrs and then antifreeze started leaking for the first time. Still under warranty, the dealership fixed the intake manifold gasket. GM knows they have a problem with the material the manifold is made of, it warps and antifreeze starts leaking. The car now has 170,000 miles and i just replaced the manifold gasket for the 4th time at about $450 each time. GM needs to own up to the issues they have with the cars they make. I wrote to them but received no response. I see so many issues they just ignore and that is no way to treat your customers! I for one will never buy a GM product again!!

Good car
By joker42369 on 09/30/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This is a very good car for any time of the year. The 3.1 liter model still came with leather seats for me, and gets good gas mileage while still putting in some good power. It's pretty heavy, but that's OK for the winter. It has always started up for me and never given me any problems. It's in my family to stay.