Best car I ever owned.
By chevylover333 on
1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe
Here is a list of all the things I have replaced on this car. Both front hub assemblies, right front brake caliper, fuel pump and lower intake manifold gaskets because the oil and coolant were mixing. Things that currently don't work are sun roof, air conditioning (due to leak in line going into the condensor) and brake lights only work when pulling back on turn signal while braking. I think that is a really good track record for a car that has 235k on it and counting! The transmission and engine are in excellent condition even though Im pretty sure the transmission fluid has only been changed once. Its the wifes car and I took over maintenance at 150k and I know it hasn't been changed since
Favorite Features
Reliability and power are my favorite features. Even though she still has 235k on her my wife and I drive it like we stole it and she keeps taking the punishment and begging for more! I love the looks on peoples faces when I open up the 3.8 V6 and dust em LOL! They dont expect that from a old and beat up Chevy.
Suggested Improvements
Watch out for the oil and coolant mixing. They fixed the gaskets and the new ones are aluminum so the dexcool antifreeze cant eat em up. Chevy just needs to work on their electrical systems on all makes and models! I love Chevys but the electrical engineers need to step up their game. Way too many burnt out headlights, brake lights and just annoying little things like my message center light in my 07' Avalanche shorting out. But I will still buy a Chevy before anything else because you just can't beat the the main component reliability. I.E. Engine and transmission.