1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Love the Z34

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

Z34 Coupe (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Love the Z34
By Z34 Lover on

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I've had this car just over 2 years. I've put over 60,000 miles on it since I bought it (about to rollover 100K). It is very comfortable, powerful, stylish, and fun. Considering the mileage I've racked up on it, my Z34 still looks and feels like she came off the showroom floor. However,problem I have had include: a faulty brake switch (a cheap fix) which led to the malfunction of a solenoid in the transmission (an $800+ repair--OUCH!!). Other than that, VERY pleased with this car. If you have one or are considering one, have a mechanic plug in to the Onboard Diagnostic system to check the brake switch (and for any other problems).

Favorite Features

Love the leather seats! It's like I'm driving a couch. The engine is a hoss. It's no 350, but it is bulletproof, economical, and has plenty of punch. Plenty of cargo space too. I go camping alot, and there's room for my gear, my dog, and another passenger.

Suggested Improvements

HOW COME THE GTP GETS A SUPERCHARGER AND NOT THE Z34??!! Even the RIVIERA got one!! A little more differentiation from the Lumina would have been smart, too.