1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
great car
By hiebert on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

this car is fun to drive and has lots of power.

Love My Car
By Lynniepooh on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I love my car. When I was looking and I was looking for a car I wanted a safe, goodlooking car. A lot of the safe cars are old people looking. The Monte Carlo is for all ages. I was so picky on finding a car. It took me 3 years to find the one I like.

Daily Driving
By monte_z34 on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. Great style and handleing with great burnout/ smoking capabilities. Definetly an incredible vehicle.

Nice
By Adan on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I just bought a 98 monte carlo..its real nice

Very good car (for older driver) :)
By KS~Driver on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I decided to buy my Monte after totalling a Cavalier and deciding bigger WAS better. It has been very reliable! It's only been in the shop every 3,000 miles for its oil change. The only complaint is that it looks like a "old people's" car and not very attractive for a teenager, like me, to drive.

Very Pleased 1998 Monte Carlo LS Owner
By Gil on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car 8 months and have only put in $400 in repairs for an alternator and new battery. I am a Courier and this car gets a 150 mile metro driving workout six days a week. I have not had ANY of the problems others list here. At times I wish I had the bigger engine but the 3.1 is plenty of power. I get a combined mileage of 22-27 mpg city/highway. I've owned everything from GTO's to little foreign cars and this is my overall favorite of all of them. I plan to trade it in on another Monte Carlo when the time comes. I am a 285 pound guy and very comfortable in this car.

Better than most expect
By Malaclypse on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over a year and am rather pleased with how it's handled both in terms of driving and reliability. The key to keeping this car for a very long time is maintainence. Take care of this car and it'll take care of you.

Love the Z34
By Z34 Lover on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I've had this car just over 2 years. I've put over 60,000 miles on it since I bought it (about to rollover 100K). It is very comfortable, powerful, stylish, and fun. Considering the mileage I've racked up on it, my Z34 still looks and feels like she came off the showroom floor. However,problem I have had include: a faulty brake switch (a cheap fix) which led to the malfunction of a solenoid in the transmission (an $800+ repair--OUCH!!). Other than that, VERY pleased with this car. If you have one or are considering one, have a mechanic plug in to the Onboard Diagnostic system to check the brake switch (and for any other problems).

Very Poor Resale Value!!!
By dissapointed on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Overal it is not a bad car. It has power to move, and the interior is laid out nice. However, I have had to have the rotars on this car replaced 3 times so far (that is front and back). I have had the pad replaced probably about 5 times (also front and back). My major beef is how can a car that I purchased brand new in '98 for about 22K be appraised for 4.5K only 3 yeras later..? Yes I do put excesive millage on the car, however I keep it in immaculate condition (inside and out). The turing radius on this car is very poor at best. The paint job scratches and dents very easily.

monte
By matt101 on 03/13/02 22:38 PM (PST)

This car is awsome.