1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It's Ok

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

LS Coupe (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

It's Ok
By Randaaall!!! on

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased mine 3 yrs ago. It's been an ok car, but has had it's share of problems. First of all, the 2 middle injectors gave ma A LOT of grief in the beginning. The computer NEVER reads the EGR valve correctly, which keeps the service engine light on continuously. Injector replacements are not cheap, and i have replaced the egr valve and installed the recommended screen over the port. I still cannot figure out how to get the drum off the rear brakes, and have tried multiple times. I am now starting to have multiple electrical problems, and don't think the car is worth fixing at this point. I love the room in the car, and like the style of it a lot. The gas mileage in my opinion isn't good.

Favorite Features

Body style, room on the inside. It's always a comfortable ride. Plenty of room in the backseat for my little daughter. Good size trunk space as well.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior quality. Mine is just plain falling apart, and believe me, I take care of my things. Sound system is not the greatest, and they ALL rust terribly by the fuel filler door, and on both rear panels just above the bumper.