Great car/Though requires maintenance
By kalicoast on
1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe
I really like the Monte Carlo Z34's performance. The 3.4-Liter V6 engine is great and with the Z34 you get that extra umph. I'd say performance wise, on curvey roads, it can turn better than your average car. I find as the person who drives the care 98% of the time that it is extremely comfortable to sit in and relax on long trips. It's very spacious although if your over 6 feet the roof can get kind of low in a hurry. Then after about 5 years of life into the car you start up yearly maintenance and it's not the cheap stuff. I've gotten the brakes completely done twice, lower intake manifold gasket, the entire muffler(s) ($500), driver/passenger windows, moonroof(read below), AC($200)twice.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature was the moonroof but unfortunaely that broke in 2006 and is too pricey to replace. I also enjoy the daytime running lights, cd player, controls(cruise, heat, ect). Probably the best part of owning the car is the compliments on I receive on the great asthetics: style, paint, ect..
Suggested Improvements
As I have said above its a great looking and sporty car but it does come with headaches. If you can deal with the yearly maintenace then its a great car becuase all your friends and family will enjoy riding in it. Also great for road trips but wish the fuel economy was higher(18 street/23 highway)