1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: It's Ok

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Review

It's Ok
By Randaaall!!! on

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased mine 3 yrs ago. It's been an ok car, but has had it's share of problems. First of all, the 2 middle injectors gave ma A LOT of grief in the beginning. The computer NEVER reads the EGR valve correctly, which keeps the service engine light on continuously. Injector replacements are not cheap, and i have replaced the egr valve and installed the recommended screen over the port. I still cannot figure out how to get the drum off the rear brakes, and have tried multiple times. I am now starting to have multiple electrical problems, and don't think the car is worth fixing at this point. I love the room in the car, and like the style of it a lot. The gas mileage in my opinion isn't good.

Body style, room on the inside. It's always a comfortable ride. Plenty of room in the backseat for my little daughter. Good size trunk space as well.

Better interior quality. Mine is just plain falling apart, and believe me, I take care of my things. Sound system is not the greatest, and they ALL rust terribly by the fuel filler door, and on both rear panels just above the bumper.