1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
MY MC
By UHUHH on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

The car is sporty looking it seems as if there were a lot of white cars made. I would like to purchase a newer body style, that is how much I enjoy the monte carlo. This is my first chevrolet and I feel I made an excellent choice.

good
By lsieczkowski on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

car handels like a dream, plenty of power for city driving, comfterable.

Still gets 34MPG !!
By Jonson7118 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

This car just turned over 100000 miles and I am still getting 34 mpg and the performance of a new car!

Great Car!!
By p311 on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I Love it. It took a little bit of cash to get it up to speed but Im in love with the car and highly recommend it.

chevy outdid themselves
By putz on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

love this 1997 so much i just bought a 2003 monte carlo. the key is taking care of your car and it will take care of you.i've followed the maint. manual for service, no problems. i've dealt with the same dealer with my last 3 cars ,no problems. only problem i have now after 6+ years is inside panel on driver's door is loose.

a+ review
By carlo7car on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this car 5 years ago and except for upkeep have not spent any money on

No problems first 5 years
By charliep on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought mine new in 1998, and five years later am still pleased with my $20,000 investment. I've only had a couple of minor problems that you'd expect from any car. I plan to keep it at least 2 more years before I have to trade for a SUV (new baby due soon).

My car is junk too
By c carr on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Two weeks after I bought this piece of junk i had to have it repainted. The clearcoat was chipping all over the place. Everything was fine for the next year or two, then the seat belts stopped retracting, the air conditioner went out, the fuel pump went out, and the paint on the door started chipping again. In the last six months I have had to have the fuel injection cleaned and replaced. Hmm that seems to be a theme here. May GM SHOULD RECALL THE CAR.

Nice but not really.
By Daniel Haynes on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

When I bought my Z-34, I was excited. After 5,000 miles the transmission started to go. The sunroof stopped working, and the dash lights didn't work. This is a nice car. It looks good and is one of the fastest where I live, even as an automatic. Now, if I fix all of my problems, it will be at least $1,500, and the trade-in is less than $5,000. If you get one, they are nice cars, but have some money saved back.

my '97 monte carlo
By steve ulczak on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

i love my monte carlo. its a great car, and looks sharp. with tinted windows and a few other upgrades, my car looks better than the new model