1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Great car/Though requires maintenance
By kalicoast on 12/13/07 21:02 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I really like the Monte Carlo Z34's performance. The 3.4-Liter V6 engine is great and with the Z34 you get that extra umph. I'd say performance wise, on curvey roads, it can turn better than your average car. I find as the person who drives the care 98% of the time that it is extremely comfortable to sit in and relax on long trips. It's very spacious although if your over 6 feet the roof can get kind of low in a hurry. Then after about 5 years of life into the car you start up yearly maintenance and it's not the cheap stuff. I've gotten the brakes completely done twice, lower intake manifold gasket, the entire muffler(s) ($500), driver/passenger windows, moonroof(read below), AC($200)twice.

Love My Monte
By wingsrstanley on 08/10/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 97 Monte Carlo for over a year now. I have put over 65,000 miles on it, and have had no problems at all. I get 27 mpg on the highways and about 23.5 mpg on back roads. There are days were I am in the car all day long, and enjoy the comfort of the car. I am glad that I found this car.

My Monte
By Joanne on 08/15/06 04:50 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new off the lot in 7/96. I love this car. I have 55,000 miles. Change the oil every 3 months and it runs better than anyother Chevy that I've owned. I'm having trouble parting with it for an updated model.

Josh
By djamyx on 05/06/06 22:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Overall, a decent reliable car. Strong engine that will drive for several thousand miles. Be aware of minor repairs that will add up in the long run. Fuel pump, water pump, alternator, battery, coil pack, as well as other things have all needed replacement in the past 3 years. Overall, a good buy for the money!

Excellent used car value
By drumjess2002 on 04/05/06 04:13 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

My girlfriend totaled her previous 1995 Monte, so I got her this one, and we both drive it everywhere. What we know is these cars are reliable, low maintenance, good gas mileage, comfortable, car. Only has 115k, cold a/c, everything works, no problems...go get one!

Wife's Baby
By BobbyD on 02/24/06 05:11 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Overall, this auto has grown attatched to my wife and I. Although I have to replace something or repair something each year at least once in the shop. It is better than paying a big price for a new car!!! I have enjoyed driving it every now and then if my wife lets me. I bought this car for her for Easter. She really loves it.

Best car I ever had
By mjkanejd on 11/24/04 09:37 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

This car has been a pleasure to own and drive. The 3.4L is strong, reliable and well engineered. Other than replacing the alternator at 75,000 miles, I have never had to put a dollar into it other than routine maintanence (Plugs, Oil changes, air filter etc.). I just replace the timing belt at 82,000 (recommended at 60,000) and it showed very little wear. I do all maintanence myself and it is relatively to work on. The only negative is the standard sound system. Pretty pathetic if you are an audiophile.

pleased
By BobbyD on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Have had few problems with car. My wife drives it more than I do. She said she will never get rid of it!

it felt like a tank
By brittany on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Really loved owning this car. I worked shifts and always felt it was realiable in all weather and felt very safe in the vehicle. It was large enough in trunk space to pack gear for camping, and yet looked good when going out to diner.

I can't complain...it's been a great car
By KirbyMorgan on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

After nearly seven years and 88,000 miles I've yet to have mechanical problem with my Monte Carlo. Granted, it doesn't tear up the road; but to get from Point A to Point B it has been great. The gas milage is an acceptable compromise for a reasonably stylish vehicle. I'm entering a phase of life where a more family friendly vehicle is necessary. But, I will be back to a Monte Carlo when the time comes.