1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Little Red Z34

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

Little Red Z34
By Chad on

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Bought the car 2 years ago and really have no complaints. I find the performance of the 3.4L Engine very nice for a 11 year old car. Mileage is about 27 HWY and 19-21 city. The keyless entry is such a nice thing to have (again on a 10 year old car). Power windows and locks, good stereo system. I find the front seats very comfortable with the power seats. I've only sat in the back once and found it to be acceptably comfortable (I'm 6'2 225 LBS). Leather seats are showing no signs of wear. Exterior is amazing. When purchased with 85,000 MI there were no rust spots or chips. People always think the car is newer than what it is. I have an aftermarket spoiler with LED tailamp (not boyracer showy)

When I had the original stereo (CD's stopped playing) the controls on the steering wheel were awsome. The engine's performace, I love. The cars suspension handles very nicely. ABS with disc brakes. Frong wheel drive car, have never gotten stuck in the snow (live in upper WI). Nice car but repairs are expensive.

I seem to be constantly fixing this car. I so far have replaced front/rear brake rotors, rear shocks and struts, engine mounts, it leaked a small amount of oil but cost alot $$$ to fix, Timing belt ($650), Power window motor, Window mounts and seals, new CD player, Spark plugs (more $ than you think)