1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Nice car

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Review

Nice car
By Guy on

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Very sporty looking car, but hard to maintain sometimes & I swear that it has the turning radius of a Mack truck! I'd like to get my hands on the guy that designed those disc brakes. I can't keep a set of rotors on this car to save my life! There have been frequent, minor emission systems problems to troubleshoot over the years as well. Getting a tune up is expensive because of the way the engine is laid out. Gas mileage does not appear to be a strong point as well. The car looks great, but try & find a replacement for the rear spoiler brake light bar. I couldn't! Starting & battery system isn't that great either. I'm buying a hydrid next time.

Layout of the interior is pretty good, everything is within reach, especially the steering wheel controls for the radio. It's got a lot of space to store things. The radio increases volume as you accelerate to combat noise.

Better, more reliable braking system & an easier layout for engine work. Better mileage, but you get what you pay for in engine capacity I guess. It's a fast car as is IMO.