Sad to let it go
By Tony K. on
1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe
I bought my bright red '95 Monte Z34 in 2001 as my second car. It replaced a '73 Plymouth Duster, and although the Duster was a good first car, the Monte spoiled me in comparison. The styling of these cars is sporty enough, without being too flashy. The interior is very comfortable, especially on road trips. These cars were born to cruise, but they can also give you a thrill, especially with the powerful (and sweet-sounding) high- output 3.4 liter V-6 under the hood. The thing that I found the most frustrating (and that turned out to be my car's undoing) was the high prices you'll pay when something breaks. I drove mine for over 9 years, and now she's basically dead. I'll miss her.
Favorite Features
Styling inside and out, ride/handling, definite cruising machine, comfortable interior, sweet high-output V-6, sporty when you want it to be, smooth the rest of the time. Great car when everything works.
Suggested Improvements
Be prepared for high repair costs, even servicing the battery is a pain, transmission won't last very long if you drive it hard on a regular basis. This is a car where you've got to keep up on the maintenance. Mine's dead after 15 years and about 150k miles.