1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Bought new, but not totally ha

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

Bought new, but not totally happy
By Tonia on

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I ordered this Monte Carlo when they were first brought out for the '95 line. I have had some minor and some serious problems. The air conditioner went out first. It poured water back into my floor board and I had to have all the carpet replaced. The painted trim along the windows is flaking off-newer models have black trim instead of painted trim. The passenger power lock won't unlock. Power windows work on occassion, and sometimes they go down and won't go back up until a mile or so down the road. Both cup holders, the glove compartment latch (plastic), and trunk latch broke. I also had transmission rebuilt. Most annoying, the turn signal switch has short in it. I change lanes and it shuts off the cruise control. It has 124k on it now!

It has the power! Very reliable even when the transmission was broke. it would shift from first to third and sound like it was coming out the trunk but it got me where I needed to go! It still drives like a dream for being 10+ years old. My sister bought a 2003 and it's much sportier, but less roomy.

Could have put more effort into quality paint. Clear coat is coming off the bumpers, and flaking off trim. Makes it look rougher than it is. Also has several blind spots. The frame is not built with a driver in mind. Little back windows with lots of frame, frame around winshield slanted right in your view also.