1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My Best Friend Monte

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

Z34 Coupe (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

My Best Friend Monte
By Ruby on

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

My Monte Carlo, affectionately named "Monte" is without question, the best car I have ever owned. I drove him off the show room floor in 1995. He was over 300K miles and he is still King of the Road. The only major repair has been a leaky intake manifold gasket. I've replaced the alternator and water pump 1 time. The rest of the work has been regular maintenance like brakes, tires (6 sets) and 4 serpentine belts. The timing belt has never been replaced and most everything else is original. I love him but I know he's not going to last forever and gas prices are on an upward spiral. I don't know if I can live with him being crushed. I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Favorite Features

The engine is unstoppable. Performance is optimum. He looks great and people still stare. The interior is ergonomically designed. He just suits me to a "T". I'd buy another one like him in a heartbeat, if the gas mileage improved.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and a better intake manifold design are really the only improvements I would make. Other than that, I love him just the way he is.