1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big fan

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

LS Coupe (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Big fan
By irishamerican on

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte LS with just shy of 70k on it and am finally selling it off to afford a vehicle to better accommodate a new addition to my family. I think a good portion of the complaints about this car can be attributed to 1.) people too lazy to fix their own stuff and 2.) this being the first Monte produced when they brought them back. More so 1 than 2. I've taken her on many road trips, and she has always been comfortable to drive for them! To this day she is 15 yrs old and still has the factory ac! Everything in the 90's wasn't user friendly when working under the hood no matter who the manufacturer was.

Favorite Features

Overall the standard 3.1 is a 200k+ 23-24 mpg beast. Plan on 1 tranny job and head gaskets after 100k, but other than that it is a VERY reliable ride. If you take care of her and provide regular maintenance then she will take care of you! Reliable winter driver for Midwest winters!

Suggested Improvements

Better electrical in doors for power windows/locks. Windshield wiper fluid reservoir on top of the battery was a stupid idea.