Used 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Maybe I just have really bad luck...
By headaches

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Now that I've owned this car for four years, I'm glad to finally be getting rid of it! Talk about HEADACHES!!! Every time I fix something, there's something else waiting to go. Starting with electrical problems, the power widnows worked sporadically for months till they found the problem. Then the fuel pump went, or was it the belt tensionor that went next... I've replaced the intake gasket. Then the front hub-assemblies, half-shafts & tie- rod ends. Surprise, then the altornator went! Now the odometer has stopped & the guages have gone crazy... No waite maybe it's me going crazy! Best of all, now the whole engine needs to be resealed!

Favorite Features

The single cup-holder for all passangers was thinking! Seriously though, I like the stereo controls in the steering wheel, the car feels very sporty to drive with lots of horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

To replace the battery? removal of the windshield washer fluid tank & a frame support is necassary. For a tune up, the intake manifold along with many other components will be in your way. A bottle of asprin would fit nicly in the cup-holder. Then where would I put a cup?

Lots of car for the money.
By Not a NASCAR

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because of it's high power/weight ratio, low mileage (60 k), and reasonable price (around $3800), cheap for something with this much power. But coming from a '90 MX-6 this car is a lot bigger and thirstier. It does get to 60 in under 8 seconds. But this is a big car and you won't confuse the handling with a sports car.

Favorite Features

Moves on hwy & from lights. Car looks really clean in white w/white rims. Leather is nice, has abs & 2 airbags, huge trunk, decent audio sys., dual exhaust, engine sounds great. Lots of storage spaces. No timing belt. Hit hard in rear, no damage.

Suggested Improvements

Ridiculously long/heavy doors. Seats need side bolsters. Cruise, cd chgr, kyls entry broken on delivery. Make car more sporty, less hwy cruiser: stiffen suspension, 17 in wheels, 4 wh discs. Change nose, so it looks less like Lumina. IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY!!!

Z34 review
By Formula 350

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car from day one. It is still in great shape. You can not tell it is 8 years old. Only have 54,000 miles on it, but just replaced my second alternator. The brakes went in 30K miles and cost a lot to replace. I enjoy this car a lot. It is geared for a quick acceleration off the line. Revs to 7,000!! However, crap mileage compared to others.

Favorite Features

I like the engine even though it has some problems.

Suggested Improvements

Make the front suspension better. When you get up in speed, the car bounces around way to much. My Firebird will hug the road at insane speed, this one makes you nervous.

Awesome Car
By SpeedDreamer

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

This car is an unbelivable machine for what you get with it. The engine is a little rough around the edges but if you do a little work to it there won't be any problems for the future. I have completely tricked out my monte with the underbody kit and the ground effects with mirror tinted windows and it also has an engine that has only $1250 in work and pushes triple the amount of horsepower. A normal Z34 comes with about 225 hp mine is pushing 695 hp and can still reach higher. For those car lovers who like to do work on their cars this is one machine that should intrigue your senses. For those who really love montes this is one that you should look into.

Favorite Features

The handling and the look. The curved bottom gives it a different but good it makes it different then any other car ive seen other then the 1994 Beretta GT. The handliong is unreal on this car you can take a fairly decent corner on the thruway at 80 mph and not have any problems.

Suggested Improvements

Definently needs a better engine, this engine can reach insane amounts of horsepower if you know how to do it, but if you don't know how to work on engines is very expensive.

I Love My Monte, but I Have to go!
By Love My Monte

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I just love this car! It has a very nice ride, in fun to drive, and most people like the looks of this vehicle. However, the gas mileage is not too good and I have now replaced the alternator 3 times and it only has 43K miles on this car!!! If that is not bad enough, the cost to repair is outrageous. I'm so concerned about future problems that I am now considering trading in my favorite car for a more reliable one. It's really too bad that I bought it in 95'...should have waited a few years when the rating showed less problems.

Favorite Features

This car is not only an exceptional looking car, but it handle very well and is so confortable.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the alternator problems and other engine problems that the ratings show. Also, my cruise control has broken several times within the first few thousand miles. The part that keeps breaking is made of plastic and just doesn't hold up to the temperatures.