1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Maybe I just have really bad luck...
By headaches on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Now that I've owned this car for four years, I'm glad to finally be getting rid of it! Talk about HEADACHES!!! Every time I fix something, there's something else waiting to go. Starting with electrical problems, the power widnows worked sporadically for months till they found the problem. Then the fuel pump went, or was it the belt tensionor that went next... I've replaced the intake gasket. Then the front hub-assemblies, half-shafts & tie- rod ends. Surprise, then the altornator went! Now the odometer has stopped & the guages have gone crazy... No waite maybe it's me going crazy! Best of all, now the whole engine needs to be resealed!

Lots of car for the money.
By Not a NASCAR on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because of it's high power/weight ratio, low mileage (60 k), and reasonable price (around $3800), cheap for something with this much power. But coming from a '90 MX-6 this car is a lot bigger and thirstier. It does get to 60 in under 8 seconds. But this is a big car and you won't confuse the handling with a sports car.

Z34 review
By Formula 350 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car from day one. It is still in great shape. You can not tell it is 8 years old. Only have 54,000 miles on it, but just replaced my second alternator. The brakes went in 30K miles and cost a lot to replace. I enjoy this car a lot. It is geared for a quick acceleration off the line. Revs to 7,000!! However, crap mileage compared to others.

Awesome Car
By SpeedDreamer on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

This car is an unbelivable machine for what you get with it. The engine is a little rough around the edges but if you do a little work to it there won't be any problems for the future. I have completely tricked out my monte with the underbody kit and the ground effects with mirror tinted windows and it also has an engine that has only $1250 in work and pushes triple the amount of horsepower. A normal Z34 comes with about 225 hp mine is pushing 695 hp and can still reach higher. For those car lovers who like to do work on their cars this is one machine that should intrigue your senses. For those who really love montes this is one that you should look into.

I Love My Monte, but I Have to go!
By Love My Monte on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I just love this car! It has a very nice ride, in fun to drive, and most people like the looks of this vehicle. However, the gas mileage is not too good and I have now replaced the alternator 3 times and it only has 43K miles on this car!!! If that is not bad enough, the cost to repair is outrageous. I'm so concerned about future problems that I am now considering trading in my favorite car for a more reliable one. It's really too bad that I bought it in 95'...should have waited a few years when the rating showed less problems.

Gotta Love This Car!!!!
By Miss Mocha 55 on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have only had this car for a couple of days, but I am in love!!! I live in Chicago and people ride up on me all the time looking in admiration and in hatred because I am 19 with a RED Z34!!!

'95 Monte Carlo SS
By Manda on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Anyone who says its a bad car hasn't driven it enough! There was some known engine probs with them, and ive already replaced mine, but I think its the best car I could have. Getting ready to finish customizing it for show. Picture 20" chrome wheels on the pearl white Monte Carlo, with the ground effects skirting...... Who needs a muscle car for a hot rod?

For sale 1995 Monte Carlo
By craig snyder on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Engine V-6. The exterior is dark blue with 2 or 3 very small dings on the doors. The windows don't have any cracks. It has never been in an accident and has always been garaged. The interior is in very good condition. The air conditioning, gages, electric defroster in the back window and all power accessories are in working condition. Tires and brakes are in good conditon also.

Great Car
By hellcat on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Good power for the engine size and decent gas mileage. Also the interior is one the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I drive 40 miles one way to work every day and this car for the most part has been very reliable. The only problems have been a few burned out interior lights and a replacement muffler. She has 139000 miles on the odometer and still runs like new.

Good Monte
By Therick3 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Read in consumer reports the car is unreliable. Couldn't disagree more. Bought it new, 8 Chicago winters, 140,000 miles and still kicking. Still get compliments. Is expensive to maintain given the tech in the engine. Only had one major problem when belt tensioner seized up and threw belt so watch it. Otherwise has been out of shop except for maintenance.