Used 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Awsome car, but can be expensive.
By Lateralus

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 2 years, and though kind of old when i bought it, its still alive. I love the way this car rides, especially when taking corners. The stock audio was good, but I put a new one in and its awesome. This is a pretty fast car too, without hitting 3000 rpm each gear after a red light, everyone in the other lane is just passing the intersection. My complaint is that the 3.4 liter engine is expensive to repair. Maybe if I wasn't working at a resturaunt at the time I could afford it easier, but when something went wrong it'd take almost all the money I had. It's gotten to the point where I must trade it in on another car where I don't have to keep repairing it.

Favorite Features

The speed, comfortable interior, nice suspension and handling. You can drive for hours in this car and not get tired of it. Plus, it looks great, especialy black with tinted windows. I've gotten many compliments on the cars look. It takes a lot of space to turn around though.

Suggested Improvements

The 3.4L engines can have a seriouse and expensive problem happen to them which requires disassembly of the engine. It happined to me and after parts and labor costed about $1000. My door panels are loose and the doors are very heavy. Also the ball joint disconnected while I was driving, scary.

Total Junk
By Shaun

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Only having the car 2 weeks the transmision gave out, the speedometer along with odometer stoped working, and it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. When I purchaced the car it was said to be in perfect condition. Overall it was a horrible buy.

Favorite Features

The radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much all mechanical aspects of the car.

Bought new, but not totally happy
By Tonia

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I ordered this Monte Carlo when they were first brought out for the '95 line. I have had some minor and some serious problems. The air conditioner went out first. It poured water back into my floor board and I had to have all the carpet replaced. The painted trim along the windows is flaking off-newer models have black trim instead of painted trim. The passenger power lock won't unlock. Power windows work on occassion, and sometimes they go down and won't go back up until a mile or so down the road. Both cup holders, the glove compartment latch (plastic), and trunk latch broke. I also had transmission rebuilt. Most annoying, the turn signal switch has short in it. I change lanes and it shuts off the cruise control. It has 124k on it now!

Favorite Features

It has the power! Very reliable even when the transmission was broke. it would shift from first to third and sound like it was coming out the trunk but it got me where I needed to go! It still drives like a dream for being 10+ years old. My sister bought a 2003 and it's much sportier, but less roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Could have put more effort into quality paint. Clear coat is coming off the bumpers, and flaking off trim. Makes it look rougher than it is. Also has several blind spots. The frame is not built with a driver in mind. Little back windows with lots of frame, frame around winshield slanted right in your view also.

Very nice first car!
By roseneko

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car six months ago because I needed a way to get to off-campus classes. So far I've had very few problems with her; she had a gasket that needed replacing, which only cost about $150 and for which I got the dealer to knock $500 off the price. She's a very comfortable cruiser/road- trip kind of car, but tends to be a bit heavy for simply commuting - my average mileage tends to be about 20 mpg. With gas prices skyrocketing again, that tends to stretch my budget a bit. Other than that, however, I haven't had any problems, and I love the fact that I have a slightly nicer car than most people my age. =)

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats --Well-designed interior controls --Very little engine/road noise; radio/passengers are easy to hear --Semi-luxury feel

Suggested Improvements

Large size for a coupe - makes her awkward to steer in small parking lots --Gas mileage a bit on the low side

Good Job Chevy
By Smooth Sailing

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I am really impressed with this vehicle. It gives me some confidence in American cars again. This bad boy seems to be happiest on the open highway as it commands any curve and effortlessly glides up any incline I've encountered. I've used this car as a traveling salesperson and it has been better than any rental I've had to use on my sales trips. I just hit 108k and have NEVER had ANY mechanical problems. All I do is oil change every 3k and that's it....SERIOUSLY! This car is a true ROADMASTER and the epitome of just an all around good vehicle to own.

Favorite Features

Smooth Handling...excellent factory stereo system. The White w/white rims is still an eye catcher when clean and it also gives it a sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Minor problem with the passenger window coming down slower than the driver's.