1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Big fan
By irishamerican on 05/24/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte LS with just shy of 70k on it and am finally selling it off to afford a vehicle to better accommodate a new addition to my family. I think a good portion of the complaints about this car can be attributed to 1.) people too lazy to fix their own stuff and 2.) this being the first Monte produced when they brought them back. More so 1 than 2. I've taken her on many road trips, and she has always been comfortable to drive for them! To this day she is 15 yrs old and still has the factory ac! Everything in the 90's wasn't user friendly when working under the hood no matter who the manufacturer was.

I Love My Monte Carlo LS
By Monte Carlo <3 on 04/21/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used. It has been a dream to own and drive. In the past year I have repainted. Put high quality tunes in it, along with high end goodyear tires. I drive this car 50+ miles 5 dyas a week sometimes more on weekends and have never regretted owning this gem. The satisfaction I get from driving an American made car is another added bonus. I don't miss my high priced imports one bit.

Bought new, but not totally happy
By Tonia on 08/02/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I ordered this Monte Carlo when they were first brought out for the '95 line. I have had some minor and some serious problems. The air conditioner went out first. It poured water back into my floor board and I had to have all the carpet replaced. The painted trim along the windows is flaking off-newer models have black trim instead of painted trim. The passenger power lock won't unlock. Power windows work on occassion, and sometimes they go down and won't go back up until a mile or so down the road. Both cup holders, the glove compartment latch (plastic), and trunk latch broke. I also had transmission rebuilt. Most annoying, the turn signal switch has short in it. I change lanes and it shuts off the cruise control. It has 124k on it now!

Very nice first car!
By roseneko on 03/24/05 18:12 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car six months ago because I needed a way to get to off-campus classes. So far I've had very few problems with her; she had a gasket that needed replacing, which only cost about $150 and for which I got the dealer to knock $500 off the price. She's a very comfortable cruiser/road- trip kind of car, but tends to be a bit heavy for simply commuting - my average mileage tends to be about 20 mpg. With gas prices skyrocketing again, that tends to stretch my budget a bit. Other than that, however, I haven't had any problems, and I love the fact that I have a slightly nicer car than most people my age. =)

Good Job Chevy
By Smooth Sailing on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I am really impressed with this vehicle. It gives me some confidence in American cars again. This bad boy seems to be happiest on the open highway as it commands any curve and effortlessly glides up any incline I've encountered. I've used this car as a traveling salesperson and it has been better than any rental I've had to use on my sales trips. I just hit 108k and have NEVER had ANY mechanical problems. All I do is oil change every 3k and that's it....SERIOUSLY! This car is a true ROADMASTER and the epitome of just an all around good vehicle to own.

For sale 1995 Monte Carlo
By craig snyder on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Engine V-6. The exterior is dark blue with 2 or 3 very small dings on the doors. The windows don't have any cracks. It has never been in an accident and has always been garaged. The interior is in very good condition. The air conditioning, gages, electric defroster in the back window and all power accessories are in working condition. Tires and brakes are in good conditon also.

Great Car
By hellcat on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Good power for the engine size and decent gas mileage. Also the interior is one the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I drive 40 miles one way to work every day and this car for the most part has been very reliable. The only problems have been a few burned out interior lights and a replacement muffler. She has 139000 miles on the odometer and still runs like new.

95 Monte Carlo LS Coupe
By Darla1 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Underpowered Excessive engine maitenance, e.g. at 65,000 miles new intake manifold gasket was required due to excessive oil consumption. Cost $450 Coolant leaks, rear freeze plug needs to be replaced Cost $125 All six ingnition coils and wires replaced at 60,000 miles. Cost $250? On a scale of 1 to 10 this vehicle is a 5 because of maintenance issues.

love monte carlos
By Kelle kuhl on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

i love this car

The Best Car I Ever Had
By Jimmy W. on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I had the MC for over 5 years now and I am sad to say that it is on it's way to the salvage yard tomorrow because of an unfortunate accident through no fault of the Monte. I could avoid any accident in that car because of the superior handling and road hugging. But there's not much you can do when the car is hit while it's parked. It has 127000+ miles on it and it still ran like new. No rattles or vibrations. I have only had to regular maintenance and never had any other problems with it. I was also happy with power, considering the engine size and good gas mileage. All in all, it was a great car and I will miss it.