1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Sad to let it go
By Tony K. on 05/22/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought my bright red '95 Monte Z34 in 2001 as my second car. It replaced a '73 Plymouth Duster, and although the Duster was a good first car, the Monte spoiled me in comparison. The styling of these cars is sporty enough, without being too flashy. The interior is very comfortable, especially on road trips. These cars were born to cruise, but they can also give you a thrill, especially with the powerful (and sweet-sounding) high- output 3.4 liter V-6 under the hood. The thing that I found the most frustrating (and that turned out to be my car's undoing) was the high prices you'll pay when something breaks. I drove mine for over 9 years, and now she's basically dead. I'll miss her.

Till Death Do Us Part
By CHRONE on 01/24/10 13:33 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Have owned this car since 1994. Also had issues with the alternator, which the mechanic said was a design flaw in the Monte where the alternator was located in such a way that it would catch road dust very easily. AC did konk out 2 yrs ago and though the heat works, not having an AC in FLA is just murder. It has 134k miles & still is a fun car to drive. Did I mention that my Monte is all black with black molding and black lettering. After 15 yrs, oil changes every 3k, and not being in the sun for 90% of the time it still has a showroom shine. My nephew who is a diehard Mustang lover said he loved driving the car. If you take care of your car your car will take care of you.

My Best Friend Monte
By Ruby on 06/21/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

My Monte Carlo, affectionately named "Monte" is without question, the best car I have ever owned. I drove him off the show room floor in 1995. He was over 300K miles and he is still King of the Road. The only major repair has been a leaky intake manifold gasket. I've replaced the alternator and water pump 1 time. The rest of the work has been regular maintenance like brakes, tires (6 sets) and 4 serpentine belts. The timing belt has never been replaced and most everything else is original. I love him but I know he's not going to last forever and gas prices are on an upward spiral. I don't know if I can live with him being crushed. I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Awsome car, but can be expensive.
By Lateralus on 05/25/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 2 years, and though kind of old when i bought it, its still alive. I love the way this car rides, especially when taking corners. The stock audio was good, but I put a new one in and its awesome. This is a pretty fast car too, without hitting 3000 rpm each gear after a red light, everyone in the other lane is just passing the intersection. My complaint is that the 3.4 liter engine is expensive to repair. Maybe if I wasn't working at a resturaunt at the time I could afford it easier, but when something went wrong it'd take almost all the money I had. It's gotten to the point where I must trade it in on another car where I don't have to keep repairing it.

Total Junk
By Shaun on 01/18/07 15:42 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Only having the car 2 weeks the transmision gave out, the speedometer along with odometer stoped working, and it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. When I purchaced the car it was said to be in perfect condition. Overall it was a horrible buy.

Maybe I just have really bad luck...
By headaches on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

Now that I've owned this car for four years, I'm glad to finally be getting rid of it! Talk about HEADACHES!!! Every time I fix something, there's something else waiting to go. Starting with electrical problems, the power widnows worked sporadically for months till they found the problem. Then the fuel pump went, or was it the belt tensionor that went next... I've replaced the intake gasket. Then the front hub-assemblies, half-shafts & tie- rod ends. Surprise, then the altornator went! Now the odometer has stopped & the guages have gone crazy... No waite maybe it's me going crazy! Best of all, now the whole engine needs to be resealed!

Lots of car for the money.
By Not a NASCAR on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because of it's high power/weight ratio, low mileage (60 k), and reasonable price (around $3800), cheap for something with this much power. But coming from a '90 MX-6 this car is a lot bigger and thirstier. It does get to 60 in under 8 seconds. But this is a big car and you won't confuse the handling with a sports car.

Z34 review
By Formula 350 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car from day one. It is still in great shape. You can not tell it is 8 years old. Only have 54,000 miles on it, but just replaced my second alternator. The brakes went in 30K miles and cost a lot to replace. I enjoy this car a lot. It is geared for a quick acceleration off the line. Revs to 7,000!! However, crap mileage compared to others.

Awesome Car
By SpeedDreamer on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

This car is an unbelivable machine for what you get with it. The engine is a little rough around the edges but if you do a little work to it there won't be any problems for the future. I have completely tricked out my monte with the underbody kit and the ground effects with mirror tinted windows and it also has an engine that has only $1250 in work and pushes triple the amount of horsepower. A normal Z34 comes with about 225 hp mine is pushing 695 hp and can still reach higher. For those car lovers who like to do work on their cars this is one machine that should intrigue your senses. For those who really love montes this is one that you should look into.

I Love My Monte, but I Have to go!
By Love My Monte on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Z34 2dr Coupe

I just love this car! It has a very nice ride, in fun to drive, and most people like the looks of this vehicle. However, the gas mileage is not too good and I have now replaced the alternator 3 times and it only has 43K miles on this car!!! If that is not bad enough, the cost to repair is outrageous. I'm so concerned about future problems that I am now considering trading in my favorite car for a more reliable one. It's really too bad that I bought it in 95'...should have waited a few years when the rating showed less problems.