Used 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Big fan
By irishamerican

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte LS with just shy of 70k on it and am finally selling it off to afford a vehicle to better accommodate a new addition to my family. I think a good portion of the complaints about this car can be attributed to 1.) people too lazy to fix their own stuff and 2.) this being the first Monte produced when they brought them back. More so 1 than 2. I've taken her on many road trips, and she has always been comfortable to drive for them! To this day she is 15 yrs old and still has the factory ac! Everything in the 90's wasn't user friendly when working under the hood no matter who the manufacturer was.

Favorite Features

Overall the standard 3.1 is a 200k+ 23-24 mpg beast. Plan on 1 tranny job and head gaskets after 100k, but other than that it is a VERY reliable ride. If you take care of her and provide regular maintenance then she will take care of you! Reliable winter driver for Midwest winters!

Suggested Improvements

Better electrical in doors for power windows/locks. Windshield wiper fluid reservoir on top of the battery was a stupid idea.

I Love My Monte Carlo LS
By Monte Carlo <3

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used. It has been a dream to own and drive. In the past year I have repainted. Put high quality tunes in it, along with high end goodyear tires. I drive this car 50+ miles 5 dyas a week sometimes more on weekends and have never regretted owning this gem. The satisfaction I get from driving an American made car is another added bonus. I don't miss my high priced imports one bit.

Favorite Features

Great Handling, Good Performance, Quite Smooth Ride, Classy Style. American Made

Suggested Improvements

Console is weak

Bought new, but not totally happy
By Tonia

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I ordered this Monte Carlo when they were first brought out for the '95 line. I have had some minor and some serious problems. The air conditioner went out first. It poured water back into my floor board and I had to have all the carpet replaced. The painted trim along the windows is flaking off-newer models have black trim instead of painted trim. The passenger power lock won't unlock. Power windows work on occassion, and sometimes they go down and won't go back up until a mile or so down the road. Both cup holders, the glove compartment latch (plastic), and trunk latch broke. I also had transmission rebuilt. Most annoying, the turn signal switch has short in it. I change lanes and it shuts off the cruise control. It has 124k on it now!

Favorite Features

It has the power! Very reliable even when the transmission was broke. it would shift from first to third and sound like it was coming out the trunk but it got me where I needed to go! It still drives like a dream for being 10+ years old. My sister bought a 2003 and it's much sportier, but less roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Could have put more effort into quality paint. Clear coat is coming off the bumpers, and flaking off trim. Makes it look rougher than it is. Also has several blind spots. The frame is not built with a driver in mind. Little back windows with lots of frame, frame around winshield slanted right in your view also.

Very nice first car!
By roseneko

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car six months ago because I needed a way to get to off-campus classes. So far I've had very few problems with her; she had a gasket that needed replacing, which only cost about $150 and for which I got the dealer to knock $500 off the price. She's a very comfortable cruiser/road- trip kind of car, but tends to be a bit heavy for simply commuting - my average mileage tends to be about 20 mpg. With gas prices skyrocketing again, that tends to stretch my budget a bit. Other than that, however, I haven't had any problems, and I love the fact that I have a slightly nicer car than most people my age. =)

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats --Well-designed interior controls --Very little engine/road noise; radio/passengers are easy to hear --Semi-luxury feel

Suggested Improvements

Large size for a coupe - makes her awkward to steer in small parking lots --Gas mileage a bit on the low side

Good Job Chevy
By Smooth Sailing

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I am really impressed with this vehicle. It gives me some confidence in American cars again. This bad boy seems to be happiest on the open highway as it commands any curve and effortlessly glides up any incline I've encountered. I've used this car as a traveling salesperson and it has been better than any rental I've had to use on my sales trips. I just hit 108k and have NEVER had ANY mechanical problems. All I do is oil change every 3k and that's it....SERIOUSLY! This car is a true ROADMASTER and the epitome of just an all around good vehicle to own.

Favorite Features

Smooth Handling...excellent factory stereo system. The White w/white rims is still an eye catcher when clean and it also gives it a sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Minor problem with the passenger window coming down slower than the driver's.