1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Big fan
By irishamerican on 05/24/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Monte LS with just shy of 70k on it and am finally selling it off to afford a vehicle to better accommodate a new addition to my family. I think a good portion of the complaints about this car can be attributed to 1.) people too lazy to fix their own stuff and 2.) this being the first Monte produced when they brought them back. More so 1 than 2. I've taken her on many road trips, and she has always been comfortable to drive for them! To this day she is 15 yrs old and still has the factory ac! Everything in the 90's wasn't user friendly when working under the hood no matter who the manufacturer was.

Sad to let it go
By Tony K. on 05/22/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I bought my bright red '95 Monte Z34 in 2001 as my second car. It replaced a '73 Plymouth Duster, and although the Duster was a good first car, the Monte spoiled me in comparison. The styling of these cars is sporty enough, without being too flashy. The interior is very comfortable, especially on road trips. These cars were born to cruise, but they can also give you a thrill, especially with the powerful (and sweet-sounding) high- output 3.4 liter V-6 under the hood. The thing that I found the most frustrating (and that turned out to be my car's undoing) was the high prices you'll pay when something breaks. I drove mine for over 9 years, and now she's basically dead. I'll miss her.

Till Death Do Us Part
By CHRONE on 01/24/10 13:33 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Have owned this car since 1994. Also had issues with the alternator, which the mechanic said was a design flaw in the Monte where the alternator was located in such a way that it would catch road dust very easily. AC did konk out 2 yrs ago and though the heat works, not having an AC in FLA is just murder. It has 134k miles & still is a fun car to drive. Did I mention that my Monte is all black with black molding and black lettering. After 15 yrs, oil changes every 3k, and not being in the sun for 90% of the time it still has a showroom shine. My nephew who is a diehard Mustang lover said he loved driving the car. If you take care of your car your car will take care of you.

My Best Friend Monte
By Ruby on 06/21/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

My Monte Carlo, affectionately named "Monte" is without question, the best car I have ever owned. I drove him off the show room floor in 1995. He was over 300K miles and he is still King of the Road. The only major repair has been a leaky intake manifold gasket. I've replaced the alternator and water pump 1 time. The rest of the work has been regular maintenance like brakes, tires (6 sets) and 4 serpentine belts. The timing belt has never been replaced and most everything else is original. I love him but I know he's not going to last forever and gas prices are on an upward spiral. I don't know if I can live with him being crushed. I'll have to give it some serious thought.

I Love My Monte Carlo LS
By Monte Carlo <3 on 04/21/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used. It has been a dream to own and drive. In the past year I have repainted. Put high quality tunes in it, along with high end goodyear tires. I drive this car 50+ miles 5 dyas a week sometimes more on weekends and have never regretted owning this gem. The satisfaction I get from driving an American made car is another added bonus. I don't miss my high priced imports one bit.

Awsome car, but can be expensive.
By Lateralus on 05/25/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 2 years, and though kind of old when i bought it, its still alive. I love the way this car rides, especially when taking corners. The stock audio was good, but I put a new one in and its awesome. This is a pretty fast car too, without hitting 3000 rpm each gear after a red light, everyone in the other lane is just passing the intersection. My complaint is that the 3.4 liter engine is expensive to repair. Maybe if I wasn't working at a resturaunt at the time I could afford it easier, but when something went wrong it'd take almost all the money I had. It's gotten to the point where I must trade it in on another car where I don't have to keep repairing it.

Total Junk
By Shaun on 01/18/07 15:42 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 2dr Coupe

Only having the car 2 weeks the transmision gave out, the speedometer along with odometer stoped working, and it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. When I purchaced the car it was said to be in perfect condition. Overall it was a horrible buy.

Bought new, but not totally happy
By Tonia on 08/02/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I ordered this Monte Carlo when they were first brought out for the '95 line. I have had some minor and some serious problems. The air conditioner went out first. It poured water back into my floor board and I had to have all the carpet replaced. The painted trim along the windows is flaking off-newer models have black trim instead of painted trim. The passenger power lock won't unlock. Power windows work on occassion, and sometimes they go down and won't go back up until a mile or so down the road. Both cup holders, the glove compartment latch (plastic), and trunk latch broke. I also had transmission rebuilt. Most annoying, the turn signal switch has short in it. I change lanes and it shuts off the cruise control. It has 124k on it now!

Very nice first car!
By roseneko on 03/24/05 18:12 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car six months ago because I needed a way to get to off-campus classes. So far I've had very few problems with her; she had a gasket that needed replacing, which only cost about $150 and for which I got the dealer to knock $500 off the price. She's a very comfortable cruiser/road- trip kind of car, but tends to be a bit heavy for simply commuting - my average mileage tends to be about 20 mpg. With gas prices skyrocketing again, that tends to stretch my budget a bit. Other than that, however, I haven't had any problems, and I love the fact that I have a slightly nicer car than most people my age. =)

Good Job Chevy
By Smooth Sailing on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I am really impressed with this vehicle. It gives me some confidence in American cars again. This bad boy seems to be happiest on the open highway as it commands any curve and effortlessly glides up any incline I've encountered. I've used this car as a traveling salesperson and it has been better than any rental I've had to use on my sales trips. I just hit 108k and have NEVER had ANY mechanical problems. All I do is oil change every 3k and that's it....SERIOUSLY! This car is a true ROADMASTER and the epitome of just an all around good vehicle to own.