2001 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Review: My Metro did its job, and very

2001 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Review

My Metro did its job, and very well!
By dragonfly2005 on

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this metro used with about 40,000 miles after I graduated high school. It was fair priced for it being newer at the time with few miles. It ran great up until about 65,000 miles when a cam sensor went out which cost about $200 to get fixed. I performed routine oil changes and have had nothing else go wrong (except normal wear and tear on tires and breaks). I have hit about 82,000 miles and it feels like the CV joint is going out, but i haven't brought her in yet so I'm not for sure. I'd say the car was a great buy for the price and actually exceeded my expectations. It was a little shy on the power, but once you got up to speed it stays there!

Lots of head room. Looks and feels bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. Big trunk. GREAT GAS MILEAGE!!!!!

Add cruse control, cd player, and a little more power would be nice.
By bwsn
on 12/24/14 09:48 AM (PST)

...2000 3 cyl 5 sp has 225,000. One clutch change in 185,000. Gas, around 35 and 45, city or high way. It's not abused. I'm going to hate it when it die's. The Yaris, which was the replacement, after to Chevy Aveo failed, and the Yaris proved too expensive (bet GM wished they could take that error back), Chevy Metro was out of date, and the Chevy Aveo didn't sell. I wish GM Chevy's Metro could have carried on. It;s a great car...