2001 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

LSi 1.3L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

2001 Metro Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
chevy-- bring back the metro
By nigelbrain

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

when it was around it got the best gas mileage and a superior epa rating. i still drive my 2001 chevy metro but wish they had made the hatchback in their last year. the 3 cylinder engine gave me 48 mpg- my current sedan is 37mpg. bring back the metro. make it even smaller with a choice of electric or 3 cylinder gas engine. make it bare bones and affordable for students and the working poor caregivers like me. make a hatchback and a micro mini van version.

Grasshoper
By sweet4_candie

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

What would I do without my metro? I drive 25 miles one way to community college everyday sometimes having to go twice or three times a day because of my classes. I bought this car with only 65,000 miles on it and I now have 105,00. It has definitely done me well. I mostly only drive highway and it gets an astonishing 37 mpg. It has some get up and go because of how light it is but it lacking some power when going uphill. I've had no Major issues with this car since ownership. It has been absolutely great!

Favorite Features

gas mileage. openness of the car. doesn't feel too cramped or anything unless your a bigger person. lots of room in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

rattles when driven. things are cheap in it but then again it was an in- expensive car to begin with so what do you expect?

My Metro did its job, and very well!
By dragonfly2005

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this metro used with about 40,000 miles after I graduated high school. It was fair priced for it being newer at the time with few miles. It ran great up until about 65,000 miles when a cam sensor went out which cost about $200 to get fixed. I performed routine oil changes and have had nothing else go wrong (except normal wear and tear on tires and breaks). I have hit about 82,000 miles and it feels like the CV joint is going out, but i haven't brought her in yet so I'm not for sure. I'd say the car was a great buy for the price and actually exceeded my expectations. It was a little shy on the power, but once you got up to speed it stays there!

Favorite Features

Lots of head room. Looks and feels bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. Big trunk. GREAT GAS MILEAGE!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Add cruse control, cd player, and a little more power would be nice.

01 Metro Review
By RushFan2112

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

All in all it's a good car for the price. It's not very comfortable, it's pretty loud, and struggles going uphill. It is surprisingly a pretty zippy car, as long as you're not going uphill. It gets good gas mileage on highways, but poor mileage in the city. It is what it is, affordable, economy car. It's very reliable, I have never had any problems with it that any other car wouldn't have.

Favorite Features

Big trunk, good gas mileage, price, size

Suggested Improvements

Quiet down the engine, power windows, and cup holders!

Safe car to drive
By petsr4ever05

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

I live out in the country and have to drive 36 miles (one way) to work and back every day. Everyone kept telling me that if I ever hit a deer with my little car, I would not survive the collision. Well, about a month ago I was cruising along at about 60 miles an hour and a big buck jumped right out in front of me. I never had time to even put on the brakes. I hit it broadside going at least 60. The airbags deployed, and I was able to pull over to the side of the road. It killed the deer, and it killed my car (a complete and total loss), but I didn't have a scratch on me. Now I know that even the small cars do have enough protection for the driver to survive that kind of collision.

Solid little car
By mebrich

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this car as a puddle jumper to get to and from work. I have been pleasantly surprised by this little car. Suzuki did a good job with the engine. Honestly the car is what it is, a small economy car. The only complaint I have with it is that it is noisy on the interior. Engine noise, especially at higher speeds, basically over 65 mph.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, and the roomy trunk and interior space

Suggested Improvements

None

Cute, cute, cute!!
By kamoten

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

We bought this little car used for our son who goes to college 45 miles from home (90 miles daily in our van was killing us on gas!). It gets between 32 and 38 mpg, so we are very happy with it. It is compact enough to park anywhere (great advantage on a college campus), it is cute enough that our son is not embarassed to drive it, and it has enough safety features to please us as parents (dual airbags!). We changed the factory cassette player/stereo for a CD changer stereo and our son is very happy. I comment on how cute the car is every time he pulls out of the driveway! We're very happy with our purchase. The dealer gave us top dollar for our van and we got a great little car in return.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage! 4-door style makes easier for passengers to get in and out of back. HUGE trunk for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't pull hills very well, but the poor little thing tries really hard. AC seems to be kind of flaky, but does blow cold air.

not bad
By array

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

i got this car for 3000.00 not to bad for a 2001. the only thing that has gone out on the car is the camshaft sensor, other then that the car has been pretty reliable. it shakes when you go over 60 though but it takes corners good and it fits almost anywhere. so all in all its a good little car.

no title
By alan smirnofski

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

great car, very reliable, and it came with a great affordable price. I'm nothing but happy with my Metro. Thank You Chevy!

lemon
By debbie j

2001 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this car used with 14,000 miles and still under warranty. I took it to the dealership three times while still under warranty about the automatic transmission and the air conditioning not working. I was told there was nothing wrong with the car and I was making a fuss about nothing.. Needless to say, at 39,000 miles I founght myself having to put in another transmission. Now at 62,000 miles I find myself having to put in another. The air condtioning is in need of gas again for the third time although the mechanic stated there was no leak when he checked it. I got burned badly on this lemon and cannot get enough trade to be rid of it! I am stuck with a lemon.

Suggested Improvements

When a customer feels there is someting worng, listen. The Chevrolet mechanic could have fixed these problems while the car was under warranty. The dealer lost a long time customer. I had purchased a new 1994 Geo Metro prior and thought I would get the same quality again. Wrong!