2000 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Review: Unbelievably good for the pric

2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Unbelievably good for the price!!
By victor555 on

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I'm truly impressed!! I bought it about 11/2 years back with 36K miles for $3500. I now have 52K miles, and the car has been ABSOLUTELY trouble free!! I get about 35 to 36 mpg in PURE city driving (and Los Angeles traffic is as bad as it gets) and it has given as high as 47mpg on pure highway stretches at 65mph with the A/C on!! I was incredibly surprised at how comfortable it was inside (at 5'10" I'm not very tall), but nevertheless it truly exceeded my expectations!! The clutch is among the best in the business, and the gear shifting is butter smooth. This is an UNBELIEVABLE VALUE FOR THE MONEY!!

FANTASTIC sound system for it's class; Outstanding gas mileage; EXTREMELY light clutch for truly EFFORTLESS stop- n-go driving in city traffic-no comparison to other manuals; Outstanding reliablity; Ultra-compact exterior enables me to park virtually anywhere!!!

Even with the manual, it's a bit underpowered, especially when climbing grades and with passengers in the car. Should've come with power steering standard (hard to park); needs much better insulation from road/engine noise on freeway (though engine never sounds "harsh")