2000 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Review: Great car

2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Review

Great car
By Paul L. on

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as my first vehicle slightly after turning 16. We payed close to $5,000 and this car was worth every penny. It was reliable and great on gas. Because of the low price point it was a good learning vehicle. I really did beat the crap out of it, and it kept going like a trooper. I recently wrecked it by rear-ending someone like an idiot and really regret losing the vehicle. (I only had liability) This lead me to write a review about ol' Blue as I called it. RIP, you always got me from point A to point B, you will be missed.

Fuel economy is great. The vehicle is much more spacious than it looks from the outside. A good deal of trunk space as well. I was impressed by the stereo, though. I'm not an audophile but it seems really solid for a car of this price. Did I mention the fuel economy is very good?

For a niche market and is built to be affordable, so it's hard to gripe about the lack of extras like power steering, cassette or CD, power windows, etc. Simple things could have been thought out better, though, like cup holders. Cabin becomes noisy at times. A good first car. Don't expect luxuries.