2000 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Review: 2000 Chevy Metro

2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Review

2000 Chevy Metro
By Joe in JT on

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I use my Metro for work throwing newspapers everyday. It's very dependable and gets 32 mpg. The drivers seat springs collapsed and I have to use 3 Sunday newspapers under there so I don't sit on the floor. Also the interior roof liner is sagging, and the cup holder is dangerous as I couldn't put the car into reverse in a quick manner because I had a coffee cup in the holder which blocks the shifter. After I bought the car I had several repairs like a loose spark plug and cv boot and axle. The PNP switch in the trans shifter shorted because previous owner didn't push in the shifter button when changing gears. No problems after that and it has become a reliable car now that I enjoy.

I've never had any hesitation when pulling out on the busy highway. It always seems to be firing on all cylinders and is quite peppy. I feel now it's a very "dependable" car and if it does act up the Metro warns you with a noise or check engine light. Gas is good, but the 3 cylinder is better.

Fix cup holder. More room in engine compartment for repairs. Rear of car goes "up" and is difficult to see when backing up. Paint is faded bad. Headlamps seem to be dirty on the inside for some reason. Better exterior styling so the girls quit laughing at me at the red light.