2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LSi 1.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (15 reviews )
Worthwhile
By ooolie on 05/19/13 21:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2008 with 61K miles. Inspection sticker was from 2003; it hadn't been driven that time. Rusty underneath, but other than that, very fine. Took it off the road for 6 months due to heavy potholes; cost $700 to repair due to being idle. Took tough city streets to work and needed a new rack and pinion ($700). A/C compressor went a year ago, due to having to constantly use the A/C - even in the winter - to get the windshield and side windows defrosted. Other than that, this is a great car and still depended on. You feel the bumps but that's because its a subcompact. Now at 100k miles. Gas mileage about 20 local / 30 highway w/ reg gas w/ auto transmission.

Best and first car
By danamarie4 on 04/04/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I got into a wreck with my 2000 chevy metro the 6th week I owned her. I was driving down a dirt road and hit a deer going around a corner; my metro spun and hit the deer twice. Once up front, once in the back. I spun again and tilted onto my driver side and slid 50ft into the woods and hit TWO trees. When she stood upright my only damage was on my drivers side (Needed new doors which were fixed for $300) I came out of that wreck alive because of how GOOD the Chevy Metro was built. I would recommend this car to any parents looking for a car of their child. A pretty inexpensive car to fix and buy. (Mine was an automatic not a 5 speed but they dont have that option)

Great car
By Robert Huffman on 07/23/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

For around town perfect car, has new struts, exhaust, paint job, timing belt, AC works great. Car has held up exceptionally well and over 10 years old now. Would not trade it in or sell it for any other car made for what I use it for.

2000 Chevy Metro
By Joe in JT on 09/10/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I use my Metro for work throwing newspapers everyday. It's very dependable and gets 32 mpg. The drivers seat springs collapsed and I have to use 3 Sunday newspapers under there so I don't sit on the floor. Also the interior roof liner is sagging, and the cup holder is dangerous as I couldn't put the car into reverse in a quick manner because I had a coffee cup in the holder which blocks the shifter. After I bought the car I had several repairs like a loose spark plug and cv boot and axle. The PNP switch in the trans shifter shorted because previous owner didn't push in the shifter button when changing gears. No problems after that and it has become a reliable car now that I enjoy.

Great car
By Paul L. on 08/16/07 01:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as my first vehicle slightly after turning 16. We payed close to $5,000 and this car was worth every penny. It was reliable and great on gas. Because of the low price point it was a good learning vehicle. I really did beat the crap out of it, and it kept going like a trooper. I recently wrecked it by rear-ending someone like an idiot and really regret losing the vehicle. (I only had liability) This lead me to write a review about ol' Blue as I called it. RIP, you always got me from point A to point B, you will be missed.

Metro Fits Driveway
By Jason P on 02/08/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

We have a tight driveway that dictates a narrow car. Although we could afford any car, we are quite pleased with our second Metro. We sold our first to a coworker who has logged another 100k on the 3 banger. This new one with the 4 cyl engine has some nice punch. Good head & leg room, nimble, easy on gas. We bought this from a dealer for $6k with 39k miles. So far, no major problems. This is a very good car for the money with Suzuki engineering. A nicely built, tight car.

MY METRO
By Tashauna on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

My car was bought because we were expecting a baby. It was cheep and I liked the way it looked. It isn't too big, but it isn't too small. I am short and have trouble fitting into bigger cars, I fit perfect in this car. And I usually don't have trouble parking.

Great car for little out of pocket
By Cronin on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I am a student, so this car is awsome for me. Less insurance and less gas to keep me going. Only thing I had to redo to the car is new alternator. But thats because I added subwoofers.

My Metro
By Shawn PArrish on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

It performs well for what I bought it for; which is good fuel economy, cheap insurance and maintenance.

Great for home to job
By Robert Ackley on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Metro Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

This is a great car is you want to get from point A to point B. I love it, it has great milleage. It might be a little smaller then your average car, but if you want something that is good enough to get you from one place to another with out alot of trouble, this car will do just fine.