Used 2000 Chevrolet Metro Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

Amazing Little Car
By dragonxks

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this after my 66' mustang got wrecked I wanted something that was cheap on gas so I got this lil Metro hatchback. I got it for $1,900 with 197+ miles. Put new tires on it for 150$ and replaced the EGR valve that was throwing a code and did a basic tune up on it, plugs,wires,filters and sea-foamed it. Runs perfect. I took it on a vacation trip from Reno to Crescent City ca. I was doing 75 the whole way with my boyfriend and 110 German shepherd and 2 duffel bags of stuff. I was getting 50 mpg when I ran Lucas injector cleaner in the gas tank. Comfy seats surprisingly

All the parts are super cheap = HUGE plus when your broke. The most expensive thing i replaced was an EGR valve for 60$. wagner ceramic brakes and 2 premium rotors for 40$ everything is soo cheap. Doing the maintenance yourself is a breeze. open engine compartment with plenty of room to work and everything is very accessible. I can go 3 weeks in between fill ups, i run premium gas with either an octane booster or injector cleaner in it. really makes the engine more peppy

wish the back seat folded down more flat. and that the covering of the spare tire in the back was made with something more stiff than cardboard with a piece of fabric over it.

Love this car!
By cairishguy

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car new and have been driving for 10 years. This is the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only thing that has failed on this car has been the a/c compressor at 80k miles. That is using the a/c every day summer and winter since I bought it. I've done regular maintenance and this thing just drives forever. I get 45 mpg and the insurance is really low. I've got 124,000 miles and still runs great!

Gas Mileage!

Bring this car back! Just update the styling. I'll be the first one at the dealer!

Smart car 2010 = Geo 89'
By fatcatmat

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Great little cars. I have owned 5 (five). I drive them an average of 180- 200 miles a day (sw washington to Seattle). A bit noisy but for the 500+ miles I get on a 10 gal tank of gas I'll live with it. I have saved thousands on gas. Easily enough to buy my wife the new Escape hybrid.

It fits my 6'-2", 210lb frame with ease. As well as my son and 200lbs. of tools. Also the ease of maintenance. Only 3 spark plugs, wires ect to deal with. Ample room under the hood. The best of small (13') tires are affordable.

A way to attach a ladder rack. MY GEO METRO ROCKS

Best car for the buck
By benczik

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 69,000 on it and it has 97,000 now. The way the car is performing I would not doubt that it may reach 200,000. Engine is spotless. I heard my pastor's wife say right next to me not knowing it was mine that it was a very quiet car. Made me feel proud. Not to mention getting 53 mpg consistently and a/c still works. I prayed for 2 weeks for a 3 cylinder 5 speed metro at a time when very few were selling them because of fuel prices. I did find some for sale on eBay but did not want to go out of state. Then this car showed up about 2 1/2 miles from my house. The guy said he just showed up with it one hour ago. Paid 2,700. It is just like I wanted but better. Will never sell it!

The only improvement I can think of is they need to bring this little car back. They stopped making them in 2001. Very affordable. As you can see I thought it was worth my time in writing this much in hopes that people who own a Metro will keep this little car alive for as long as possible.

Unbelievably good for the price!!
By victor555

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I'm truly impressed!! I bought it about 11/2 years back with 36K miles for $3500. I now have 52K miles, and the car has been ABSOLUTELY trouble free!! I get about 35 to 36 mpg in PURE city driving (and Los Angeles traffic is as bad as it gets) and it has given as high as 47mpg on pure highway stretches at 65mph with the A/C on!! I was incredibly surprised at how comfortable it was inside (at 5'10" I'm not very tall), but nevertheless it truly exceeded my expectations!! The clutch is among the best in the business, and the gear shifting is butter smooth. This is an UNBELIEVABLE VALUE FOR THE MONEY!!

FANTASTIC sound system for it's class; Outstanding gas mileage; EXTREMELY light clutch for truly EFFORTLESS stop- n-go driving in city traffic-no comparison to other manuals; Outstanding reliablity; Ultra-compact exterior enables me to park virtually anywhere!!!

Even with the manual, it's a bit underpowered, especially when climbing grades and with passengers in the car. Should've come with power steering standard (hard to park); needs much better insulation from road/engine noise on freeway (though engine never sounds "harsh")