Used 2000 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

Worthwhile
By ooolie

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2008 with 61K miles. Inspection sticker was from 2003; it hadn't been driven that time. Rusty underneath, but other than that, very fine. Took it off the road for 6 months due to heavy potholes; cost $700 to repair due to being idle. Took tough city streets to work and needed a new rack and pinion ($700). A/C compressor went a year ago, due to having to constantly use the A/C - even in the winter - to get the windshield and side windows defrosted. Other than that, this is a great car and still depended on. You feel the bumps but that's because its a subcompact. Now at 100k miles. Gas mileage about 20 local / 30 highway w/ reg gas w/ auto transmission.

Good trunk size. Can park in spaces which are not spaces. Like having a Smart car for 4 passengers. I think I paid about $75 each for new tires which is on the lower side compared with most vehicles.

This model was discontinued in 2001. The defroster was the major downside of this car. It's a no-frills model with manual side mirrors and roll-down windows.

Amazing Little Car
By dragonxks

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this after my 66' mustang got wrecked I wanted something that was cheap on gas so I got this lil Metro hatchback. I got it for $1,900 with 197+ miles. Put new tires on it for 150$ and replaced the EGR valve that was throwing a code and did a basic tune up on it, plugs,wires,filters and sea-foamed it. Runs perfect. I took it on a vacation trip from Reno to Crescent City ca. I was doing 75 the whole way with my boyfriend and 110 German shepherd and 2 duffel bags of stuff. I was getting 50 mpg when I ran Lucas injector cleaner in the gas tank. Comfy seats surprisingly

All the parts are super cheap = HUGE plus when your broke. The most expensive thing i replaced was an EGR valve for 60$. wagner ceramic brakes and 2 premium rotors for 40$ everything is soo cheap. Doing the maintenance yourself is a breeze. open engine compartment with plenty of room to work and everything is very accessible. I can go 3 weeks in between fill ups, i run premium gas with either an octane booster or injector cleaner in it. really makes the engine more peppy

wish the back seat folded down more flat. and that the covering of the spare tire in the back was made with something more stiff than cardboard with a piece of fabric over it.

Best and first car
By danamarie4

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I got into a wreck with my 2000 chevy metro the 6th week I owned her. I was driving down a dirt road and hit a deer going around a corner; my metro spun and hit the deer twice. Once up front, once in the back. I spun again and tilted onto my driver side and slid 50ft into the woods and hit TWO trees. When she stood upright my only damage was on my drivers side (Needed new doors which were fixed for $300) I came out of that wreck alive because of how GOOD the Chevy Metro was built. I would recommend this car to any parents looking for a car of their child. A pretty inexpensive car to fix and buy. (Mine was an automatic not a 5 speed but they dont have that option)

I loved how her little engine purred. this was my first car and she is very easy to fix with very little guidance. Perfect car for teaching your children how to take care of their car.

NONE! I love this car a lot. and Chevy could not have done better.. (Unless they included a radio but those are easy to install now)

Great car
By Robert Huffman

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

For around town perfect car, has new struts, exhaust, paint job, timing belt, AC works great. Car has held up exceptionally well and over 10 years old now. Would not trade it in or sell it for any other car made for what I use it for.

ease of handling due to struts, reliable engine

none, should still be made

Love this car!
By cairishguy

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car new and have been driving for 10 years. This is the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only thing that has failed on this car has been the a/c compressor at 80k miles. That is using the a/c every day summer and winter since I bought it. I've done regular maintenance and this thing just drives forever. I get 45 mpg and the insurance is really low. I've got 124,000 miles and still runs great!

Gas Mileage!

Bring this car back! Just update the styling. I'll be the first one at the dealer!