2000 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
Worthwhile
By ooolie on 05/19/13 21:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2008 with 61K miles. Inspection sticker was from 2003; it hadn't been driven that time. Rusty underneath, but other than that, very fine. Took it off the road for 6 months due to heavy potholes; cost $700 to repair due to being idle. Took tough city streets to work and needed a new rack and pinion ($700). A/C compressor went a year ago, due to having to constantly use the A/C - even in the winter - to get the windshield and side windows defrosted. Other than that, this is a great car and still depended on. You feel the bumps but that's because its a subcompact. Now at 100k miles. Gas mileage about 20 local / 30 highway w/ reg gas w/ auto transmission.

Amazing Little Car
By dragonxks on 01/09/13 17:11 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this after my 66' mustang got wrecked I wanted something that was cheap on gas so I got this lil Metro hatchback. I got it for $1,900 with 197+ miles. Put new tires on it for 150$ and replaced the EGR valve that was throwing a code and did a basic tune up on it, plugs,wires,filters and sea-foamed it. Runs perfect. I took it on a vacation trip from Reno to Crescent City ca. I was doing 75 the whole way with my boyfriend and 110 German shepherd and 2 duffel bags of stuff. I was getting 50 mpg when I ran Lucas injector cleaner in the gas tank. Comfy seats surprisingly

Best and first car
By danamarie4 on 04/04/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I got into a wreck with my 2000 chevy metro the 6th week I owned her. I was driving down a dirt road and hit a deer going around a corner; my metro spun and hit the deer twice. Once up front, once in the back. I spun again and tilted onto my driver side and slid 50ft into the woods and hit TWO trees. When she stood upright my only damage was on my drivers side (Needed new doors which were fixed for $300) I came out of that wreck alive because of how GOOD the Chevy Metro was built. I would recommend this car to any parents looking for a car of their child. A pretty inexpensive car to fix and buy. (Mine was an automatic not a 5 speed but they dont have that option)

Great car
By Robert Huffman on 07/23/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

For around town perfect car, has new struts, exhaust, paint job, timing belt, AC works great. Car has held up exceptionally well and over 10 years old now. Would not trade it in or sell it for any other car made for what I use it for.

Love this car!
By cairishguy on 04/21/10 23:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car new and have been driving for 10 years. This is the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only thing that has failed on this car has been the a/c compressor at 80k miles. That is using the a/c every day summer and winter since I bought it. I've done regular maintenance and this thing just drives forever. I get 45 mpg and the insurance is really low. I've got 124,000 miles and still runs great!

2000 Chevy Metro
By Joe in JT on 09/10/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I use my Metro for work throwing newspapers everyday. It's very dependable and gets 32 mpg. The drivers seat springs collapsed and I have to use 3 Sunday newspapers under there so I don't sit on the floor. Also the interior roof liner is sagging, and the cup holder is dangerous as I couldn't put the car into reverse in a quick manner because I had a coffee cup in the holder which blocks the shifter. After I bought the car I had several repairs like a loose spark plug and cv boot and axle. The PNP switch in the trans shifter shorted because previous owner didn't push in the shifter button when changing gears. No problems after that and it has become a reliable car now that I enjoy.

Smart car 2010 = Geo 89'
By fatcatmat on 09/05/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Great little cars. I have owned 5 (five). I drive them an average of 180- 200 miles a day (sw washington to Seattle). A bit noisy but for the 500+ miles I get on a 10 gal tank of gas I'll live with it. I have saved thousands on gas. Easily enough to buy my wife the new Escape hybrid.

Best car for the buck
By benczik on 08/22/07 14:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 69,000 on it and it has 97,000 now. The way the car is performing I would not doubt that it may reach 200,000. Engine is spotless. I heard my pastor's wife say right next to me not knowing it was mine that it was a very quiet car. Made me feel proud. Not to mention getting 53 mpg consistently and a/c still works. I prayed for 2 weeks for a 3 cylinder 5 speed metro at a time when very few were selling them because of fuel prices. I did find some for sale on eBay but did not want to go out of state. Then this car showed up about 2 1/2 miles from my house. The guy said he just showed up with it one hour ago. Paid 2,700. It is just like I wanted but better. Will never sell it!

Great car
By Paul L. on 08/16/07 01:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as my first vehicle slightly after turning 16. We payed close to $5,000 and this car was worth every penny. It was reliable and great on gas. Because of the low price point it was a good learning vehicle. I really did beat the crap out of it, and it kept going like a trooper. I recently wrecked it by rear-ending someone like an idiot and really regret losing the vehicle. (I only had liability) This lead me to write a review about ol' Blue as I called it. RIP, you always got me from point A to point B, you will be missed.

Metro Fits Driveway
By Jason P on 02/08/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

We have a tight driveway that dictates a narrow car. Although we could afford any car, we are quite pleased with our second Metro. We sold our first to a coworker who has logged another 100k on the 3 banger. This new one with the 4 cyl engine has some nice punch. Good head & leg room, nimble, easy on gas. We bought this from a dealer for $6k with 39k miles. So far, no major problems. This is a very good car for the money with Suzuki engineering. A nicely built, tight car.